Valentine's Day Questions: How much do you spend on an average date?

So another user here was mentioning how much money the date she planned was costing her. Like $100 And that's unreal to me lol
Like why spend so much money? :o

Since it's Valentine's week, I'll be asking I guess a series of these kinds of questions.

So for this one, don't tell me the most you've spent. Though, you can, but on the poll don't answer the most (that will be my next question). How much is the average you spend on dates?

No surprise that men usually spend more. As more men pay for dates. Men pay on average $66 dollars where women $33 (no surprise there.) And the average person spends about $20k just on dates! I feel bad because I'm sure men spend much more than that. Oh well, stop going for cheap or traditional women. Or don't complain.
But surprisingly, more men think men should pay according to some surveys.

I usually pay like about $20-$40 and that's including gas and parking or whatever. This DOES NOT include like makeup or clothes. So sorry ladies, but if you're not actually contributing to the date itself, don't include it. UNLESS you buy specific clothes and makeup you ONLY use on dates and nothing else (which I highly doubt), then fine, I guess you can add that. Also, don't include anything used on a date that you pay for but otherwise still would pay for. So if you say "well, I had to pay my bill call and get dates. And rent, so I can take her/him home, that's included costs". Um, no. Most people have phones and live in homes regardless, unless you have a specific phone or house where you take dates. However, feel free to add like hotel/motel if you do use them on average dates.
Also anything spent trying to "attract" potential dates doesn't count either, ONLY what you actually spend on dates please! Otherwise costs would be misleading and astronomical. Save that for another question.

TLDR:
So how about how much do you spend on your AVERAGE dates?

• Nothing. $0
  • $0.01-$25
  • $26-$50
    Vote C
  • $51-$75
    Vote D
  • $76-$100
    Vote E
  • $100-$300
    Vote F
  • Over $301
    Vote G
PEOPLE: I'm not asking about average Valentine's day, I'm asking about AVERAGE DATES IN GENERAL.

616

Most Helpful Guy

• It was rather variable. Depended on our moods. Typically we would go on a picnic or the like. We went to concerts. Once she performed on Valentines Day and I attended. Once we just had wine and pizza. I think the most I spent on Valentines Day on my wife was when we spent a three day weekend up in Solvang (a Danish-like community in the Santa Ynez Valley... very charming, very beautiful... it was featured in the movie Sideways). Hotel, meals, wine tasting, horseback riding, train ride, car rental, miscellaneous, ran over several hundred dollars, but split 50/50.

Last year I celebrated Valentines Day by getting the flu! Woot! Don't be jealous! ;)

At the time I was dating someone (kind of). She attended church with her daughter. We got together the week after and had dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Later we went to a well known hotel called the Westin Bonaventure (Google it... awesome post modern industrial architecture), cuddled, kissed occasionally, and watched the glass elevators going up and down. They're quite hypnotic. All total I think I spent about $75 dollars (gas, parking, dinner, drinks, and a red rose). Had a good time.

• But I mean for average dates, not Valentine's.

That sounds nice though :)

• Oh, I see. I guess about $75 on an average... when I was dating.

I never really kept track. I don't have a dating spreadsheet... like the red pill people advise.

;)

What Guys Said 15

• 20 bucks of you're anazing and can make it happen

30-40 is average

40-60 is comfortable

60-100 significant and she/he will notice

100-250 is a lot and will most likely grab her attention if you can match that spending with a good personality. She's yours

>250 will buy special nights, like shows, theater tickets etc

1000+ your a baller

5000+ your loaded

• $20-$40. Never spent $100 on a date. But if I lived in NYC that may be different so location matters as well.

• I try to go as cheap as possible while being as meanful as possible. A lot harder and shows you really care. In my opinion anyone wasting tons of money is just trying to just "get away with it" as its the easy way out.

• Last dates I was to vere around 20 euroes each. But at least she offered to pay.

• £60 ($75) is roughly a movie and dinner here. I'd call that average.

• Didn't you make a topic last year saying you hated Valentines day? I don't know maybe I'm wrong lol! Well most Valentines days I've been single :( But I'd try to keep it under $50? I think thats reasonable. Don't want to spend too much but dont want to be a tight wad either.

• i've been to a date only once in my life and i spent very less at that time

• Zero lol

• As long as it's practical like a Dyson

• I spend a total of $0.00 because I don't date

• $100 Will be a normal date for me for a normal girl. $100 and over when I'm dating a high end girl. Depends on the girl honestly.

• $0 is the best

• I can't take part in your survey because I spend exactly 301$ on a date and there's no option for that. Just kidding.

First dates usually between 60 and 100 bucks, and I guess that's true for all the other dates as well.

• Dinner at a little 'nice' but not super fancy place around where I live with wine will be 100-150.

If we went downtown parking would be 20 and it would go up from there.

If we walked to the pub on the corner where the food is pretty bad I might be able to do 60-80.

Under 40 would be panera bread which isn't really date material I guess

• im single, all vday is, is a reminder to single people they are single. vday is no different than any other day

What Girls Said 6

• Can you we whomever stop putting women down on the dating front, it's getting old as hell.

I for one always pay my way, always offer, always shout, and always do special things for the guys I'm with. It's a fairly equal scenario or even get this I'll fucking pay more than him!

So freaking sick of the put down and stereotyping it's bs and needs to stop!

• We take turns paying, and it's generally between $80-$120 for our average date night

• I voted for B.
    I only spent $6. I don't really care about going out, so I told my boyfriend to just come over and we will watch Valentine and My Bloody Valentine since he hasn't seen them. He's 20 so I don't have to buy any drinks.

• 5-10 dollars

• I don't do valentine!!!

• well I'm a single Pringle, and I'm celebrating international singles day on Tuesday, so I'm gonna spend $10 on food and have a hot date with my couch