Why does my girlfriends dad hate me?

I'm going to try to be as brief as possible I'm and exchange student from Europe who's currently staying in the US for a year, a couple of months ago I started dating this girl, who's the most amazing person I've ever met. We've talked about how we're going to do when I leave, and we're both willing to try long-distance, especially since we ended up falling in love. Now this isn't the problem, her dad is. I expected her dad to be a bit resistant us dating, especially since I'm foreign, but he's on a whole other level. He has refused to meet me, and his rule is that she's not allowed to go out with people he hasn't met (we go out in secret) Lately he's been getting more and more mad as my GF's been asking if we can meet. His last response honestly scared me a bit, and I know how hard it is for her to ask him and hear is response. Here's what he said: "I have told you i don't want to meet that foreign bitch. He doesn't matter to me and he shouldn't matter to you. You know once he leaves he will fuck plenty of girls where he's from. Well that is if he stops playing video games long enough. That fucking bitch probably can't even do a push up. Hell no i ain't meeting his dumb ass" I don't know what to do, I hate putting her through this, and I don't like it either. Now, I can see why he would be resistant to us dating, but not meeting me, not talking to me, make up ideas about me as he doesn't know me, that's just childish. He hates me for just dating her, and no other reason as far as I know. Any idea what I should do?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I am sorry, but your girlfriend's father is a bigot and there is nothing that can be done to save those people.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• He is probably right about you fucking other girls in your country.

• May I add that I'm a virgin, and I didn't exactly start dating her to get in her pants (which is precisely what he thinks)

What Guys Said 1

• He hates you because you're his teenage daughter's boyfriend.