He reached out to me, we went out, he made it a point to say he had a good time and that "we should hang out again," then vanished. Why?

So it had been 8 months of us not talking and then he texted me and called me three times wanting to hang out or do something. I said no since it had been a while and I was caught off guard, but we eventually went on a date. We talked that night, after the date, and the following day. He apologized for the "collapsed bridge" of us not talking 8 months ago and proceeded to suggest that "we should hang out another time."

We talked the following day and then he never responded to me. It's been two weeks and I'm pretty sure we're not going to talk or do anything, but I want to understand the logic behind him. He's the type to say what's on his mind so him not saying anything is confusing to me.

I didn't send multiple texts or calls that might set him off... he just never responded to the one text I last sent.

I'm not the type of person to care about texting a guy first, but I didn't because I didn't want just be ignored again.

What was the purpose of continuing something from the past to end it and vanish when things were going good?

I can understand if he said he doesn't want to continue seein eachother, but he made it clear that he did and then fell flat... What do y'all think?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Have you tried calling him to fallow up on those texts? Sometimes the data either does not send or gets lost in signal and fails to be received. I would try calling a day or two after sending the text.

• I lost hope because it's been a while. The last time we spoke was January 29th.

• I messaged back and he was acting as if nothing happened. He responded eagerly and asked how I was and again failed to respond my answer. I suppose I'll continue to move on. I don't want to put in all of the effort.

• No, you shouldn't have to. Call me old fashion but the girl just needs to show some interest and the guy does most of the pursuing.

What Girls Said 1

• Because that's how some people are. People lie. You can't do anything to change them.