Do you think there is any point in a (serious) teenage relationships?

I personally don't think there is any point of being in a serious relationship when you're a teen because most people at that age don't want to commit and want to experiment resulting in heartbreak. & there's a slim chance you're going to be with them till death so what is the point of investing that time that you have into just one person when you can do that in 10 years time when people are ready to commit and all that 🤗

• Yes
  • No
  • Other
    Vote C

1022

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaching lens, here are my thoughts. I think there is a point in being in a serious teenage relationship for one solitary reason: we learn from these experiences. When you are a teenager, you will see and meet people that you get really excited about. You will be naïve (as we all were at that age) about what's what but you will think you know. Fine. Go through the experience and hopefully continuously learn more about yourself, your needs and wants.

All said, the point is to live and learn--something we do best from experiences.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's possible, yes. I know of people (older than me, of course) who started dating in high school, fell in love, and are STILL together to this day. I've only dated two people and the first was a very short 2 week period where we went on a handful of dates, and then it ended as quickly as it started (I don't really consider it a relationship though). My boyfriend and I have been together for just over 6 months, and I would say our relationship is pretty serious. But then again, I don't have a lot of experience and this is pretty new to me, considering he is my first "real" boyfriend, so to speak.

What Guys Said 21

• It made sense years ago when people married at twenty or before, but now it's just setting yourselves up for failure. (More or less a practice run at divorce.)

People shouldn't date seriously until they are ready for marriage. During the teen years, it's best to appreciate people of the opposite sex as human beings and not some prize to be acquired.

• agreed. serious dating is really courting if you think about it. Either to move in and cohabit-ate (hopefully for the long hall) or to marry, both of which teenagers can't do

• Logically speaking, No there is no point in teenage relationships and they are unlikely to last long.

• They're pointless.

• The only point I can think of, is to build your confidence, and give you dating experience. I personally never dated a girl till I was 21. And I used to wish someone would have liked me in highschool

• We need to get experience somehow, right?

• Sexes should be separated until after 18

• As a teen, you're better off being in relationships, but cynically. Understand that the vast majority of teen romance ends in failure and heartbreak. Explore, experiment, and navigate your own understanding of relationship, but don't expect it to last.

• NOPE !!! Have fun... your only that age 1 time... enjoy it and its not gonna work out in the long run usually... Most that will happen is she gets preg and they both fail to raise the kids... specially the dood.

Babies can't take care of Babies

• Most teens don't know what they want in life and they need to live for while to see where they stand in life as far as relationships. Not saying that a teen can't be in love but growing up they have many people come their way that confuses them on whether they love them or not love them.

• Yes so they get experience

• Definitely pointless. Plus, teens will have sex and there's a greater chance of STD's and pregnancy since they are kids and aren't as responsible and their hormones are everywhere meaning they'd be 'in the moment' and not care until it's too late.

• No. They might be serious, but they make a fuzz over stupid stuff

• Yeah, I don't see the point either, and that tought is part of why I haven't dated, never, I probably shouldn't think this way, but in my head is all "if I like a girl, there'sno point in actually having something, it won't last".

• Yes and no its up to the couple my auntie married when she was 15, don't know USSR to much? These days I personally think everything is posible. So no judgments here.

• Yes, it teaches you lessons that are valuable in life

• Granted about 99% of teenage relationships don't end in marriage, they do give teens the experience necessary for relationships in their adult lives. After all, mistakes help us learn.

• Prepare you for adult relationship

• Only if you are ultra strict and want arranged marriage. Other than that have fun.

• Yeah they're pointless

• everyone and every relationship is different. both people however must be on the same page for it to work whether a teen or a mid adult

• Yeah, I think there can be.

I think you learn how to be in relationships and what you want in them -by being in them-. In some ways the stakes can be lower when young, so there can be some positive learning.

What Girls Said 9

• I met my fiance when I was 14 and now I'm 4 months shy of 24 and I'm still as in love with him now as I was then. I think some relationships make it.

• Hmm, I'm pretty pessimistic about this. If the two plan to stay local or attend the same university, it can work for those in their late teens. But I think most people who attend university and leave someone behind or get a job far away, I don't think those have much chances of lasting long when the people are just teens. Too much changing in life, they might grow apart.

• Your first relationships when you're young are where you learn how relationships really work- what you like, what you need, and how to communicate and open up to someone.

• teenagers in serious relationships is like playing with fire... with a blowtorch. Teenagers have the bodies of adults, but in many ways they are still children. There brains are literally incapable of processing things rationally, which is why they often do rash and harmful things. Add in hormones and two people, and it's just not a good idea. Teens should be dating and learning those skills, but at a TEEN level, not a 25 year old living together for 4 years level. This is why there is so much drama in teen relationships, depression, girls getting pregnant and self-worth being shattered. I dated as a teenager and I have to say it really hindered my progress in life and I would have had a much happier, and more fun time had I waited to get serious

• It depends on the person. Not every teen looks at relationships as if they're nothing. Most do, but not all. By your logic there's no point in ANYONE dating unless they know for certain they're going to marry that person.

• i think it's worth it as a learning experience - what it takes to commit to someone, how to be in a relationship in general

• No such thing as a serious teenage relationship.

• yes its not unheard of that hs sweethearts marry..

• Sure, I have been with my husband since I was 16 & he was 18. We will be together for 14 years in July and married for 10 in September.