How do you control your emotions you have for someone?

This is a big question, so if anyone is a physiologist it would be helpful here. I fell for this girl over text, we saw each other at school and I never spoke to her, only like 2 times that's about it. I confessed my feelings to her when we both finished school and she said I'll find someone else. Recently I've been talking to her and she says she would be fine with being friends and we can go out sometimes. I'd love that but how do I get rid of these emotions I have for her? I mean I have tried getting to know other woman but it's not the same, I don't know how to change my heart.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am afraid it won't go away if you keep in touch with her.

One advice I have for you is do not put her before yourself or any other friends or family of yours.

As in if your friend and her texts at the same time, don't rush to respond to her first.

Or if you are doing work and she messages, don't pause from your work. Keep doing the things you do, only give her time when you have time.

Don't make time.

Hopefully that helps but don't do it to get her attention otherwise it will backfire on you.

• ThanksπŸ‘πŸΌ will let you know how it goes πŸ˜‰

• She won't, yah it really really sucks badly, trying to escape the agony

• I feel ya man

What Girls Said 1

• I just stay calm and keep myself distracted

• Ok thanks, but what if those feelings override everything you do and it distracts you from life in general?

• Basically a mild form of depression?

• I'd try and move on

What Guys Said 3

• Cut her off and meditate to kill your emotions. Dream goal is becoming like sergeant Barnes in platoon πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

• Well. You can't make her love you, knowing that helps a little. If there wasn't any other connection there, just try to remember that she didn't want you for whatever reason, it probably wasn't your fault.

• Thanks, I see now πŸ™‚πŸ‘πŸΌ

• killing your feelings is an effective way to stop hurting but you turn into an emotionless husk of a human like me.

• I see, I'll try not to

• good man! it'll suck but not as much as having trouble finding excitement in new love.

• Hopefully, thanks πŸ‘πŸΌ