Can attraction towards someone grow?

I've started dating someone recently, and he's not at all my usual type physically. We matched on tinder, though I don't know why I swiped right, and he was SO so sweet, after a few weeks he convinced me to go out with him. We've been out twice now, and I love hanging out with him he's so funny, smart, nice etc... but I still don't know how I feel about him physically?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like you fell for his personality. Something like that happens when someone fells for a person's personality but questions their looks. It's good to vibe with someone. Looks can only take you so far. If makes you laugh, smile, loves spending time with you, enjoys getting to know you as a person; shouldn't that be what's important.

• Thanks so much for the vote of confidence! Ended up hanging out with him lots more this week and things are definitely heating up. I think it was just hard for me to see him that way without having any physical stuff!

• I believe that the more you spend time with him, the more you'll be attracted to him physically. If it's his body that looks outta shape or something like, maybe try convincing him to workout with you. That adds more attraction & boosts more confidence in each other

What Guys Said 6

• I'd say give him a chance. And just see if he can meet your standards in some other way. Besides the physical needs. I mean relationships come with ups and downs.

• It cannot, a person is either physically attracted to someone instantly or they are not attracted to that person and will never be attracted to that person.

• I'd hope so. It's what keeps me going day to day.

• nah, i've never had it happen to me or about me

• basic Psychology of love and attraction. it is emotionally driven

• If she's sucking my dick right then probably. But I usually go for pretty chicks.

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly I met my boyfriend online as well and in his pics he was ok looking not my usual type as far as looks but he was sooo sweet and funny... and my physical attraction grew a ton for him over time. Now we have been together 3 years

• It happens. You may not necessarily be attracted to him physically but maybe a slight physical attraction. A personally can make or break a person. Perhaps you guys connect well. Typically a person will grow on you when you find little things about them that you like. It's normal.

• Yes. My friends engaged to a guy she thought was ugly as fuck in the beginning lmao.