In your experience, do you think dating someone from a different culture works out?

• No
    13%(2)29%(12)Vote37%(10)
  • Yes
    87%(13)71%(30)Vote63%(17)
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It does, actually those relatonships are MORE INTERESTING, because both couples have more to learn from one another, and they get a new world open to them, and if both accept each others culture or religion or mentality, that relationship becomes a BOMB, and honestly, it adds some spark in it.

I do agree with this i voted for YES, IT DOES WORK :)
    <3

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• It can work, but typically it doesn't. That's assuming they both practice a different culture. You can be from one culture but live another one, which happens many time.

1|0
    0|0
  • It certainly can work out. I think it's important that a couple have some serious discussions about their expectations before they move in together or marry, and I think it's even more important if they were raised in different cultures.

1|0
    0|0
  • That depends on a lot of different things... for instance... religious beliefes would be at the top i would assume... if you wanted to pursue something more than dating... thats going to play a huge factor in your marriage and your kids lives...

Make sure you have all the information and facts... and I would say make sure.. your cultures and beliefs have more in common than not.

1|0
    0|0
  • It can work, but it's not easy. Especially when it comes to marriage and family planning. Me personally, I only date within my culturemail as it's easier for me and less things to stress over.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dated this chick that was from the Congo and it worked for a while, we broke up but it was because of something that was culturally different.

1|0
    0|0
    • Shit I meant because it *WASN'T culturally different.

• i've always made it work but there have been difficulties i'll admit. white girls are honestly my least favorite to date tbh lol

1|0
    0|0
  • With the will to learn each other's culture and compromise, it is 100% possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes it does.

1|0
    0|0
  • for me it always works out

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how toleranced u are.

1|0
    0|0
  • Anything can work out if you want it to

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea, I almost married a girl from Vietnam

1|0
    0|0
  • I put no but I meant to put yes

1|0
    0|0
  • It could

1|0
    0|0
  • Well white women like black guys so I guess so.

0|0
    0|0
  • it can be interesting

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• My friend dated a Swedish guy, and I have lots of relatives married with the people from other cultures, but still depends on the people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no, depends on the person and the culture. Years ago I was in a relationship with a Greek guy, and his family made it very clear that they would NOT accept me because I wasn't Greek so he broke up with me. My husband is Croatian, and while his parents would have preferred that he marry a Croatian girl, but he said he loved me and didn't care, so they accepted me.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes it works as long as you respect

1|0
    0|0
  • Dated 3 guys from 3 different countries, all were good experiences.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've always dated outside my culture, I would like to try my own but I have more attraction and similarities to outside.

1|0
    0|0