What do I do to capture this guy's interest in my college class? I'm terribly shy but I'm cute, & I need MAJOR advice?

I'm actually a senior and this is my last term. Wasn't planning on crushing on anyone... buuuuut I guess these things happen unexpectedly. He's in one of my classes. We go to a private college so our class has maybe 15 students. We meet 3 times a week for an hour and then we meet once a week extra on Wednesday evenings for film showings (it's a film course). He is super cute. He sits alone, as do I, but the seats are sparse and usually we sit on opposite ends of the room. Today I noticed he looked at me while I walked in and to my seat but it could have just been nothing. I am cute (!) but I am so shy and don't talk to people much.. I don't want to be too flirty or obvious but I really want to talk to the guy. I stalked his fb already and he is single AND his hometown is only a half hour from my own, and I may actually be moving there soon anyways. How do I go about this to not make things awkward if he isn't interested. I mean, I've never been rejected but there's always a possibility he will.

We matched on tinder... now what?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• That's tough. I'm super shy too. If I were you, I'd just admire him from afar, ask yourself why you're so pathetic, and crawl in bed and feel sorry for yourself. If you want some actual advice, and understand I can in no way practice what I preach you should find an excuse to talk to him. Anything. Pretend you don't understand something about the professors instructions and ask him to clarify it for you. If he's anything like me he's sitting there fantasizing about someone actually noticing him and approaching him. I've never been noticed by someone from afar =/
    Or if I have, they never told me, so it doesn't make a difference to me either way.

• but just talk to him ya know? You don't have to bring up the fact that you like him. It may only take a 30 second conversation to realize you have no idea what you saw in that guy

• Update; we matched on tinder today and now I don't know what to do!

• I don't really know how tinder works. Just go talk to the guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Approach him and start talking to him. There is no other way. If you really want to get to know him, talking is the only way.

• We just matched on tinder... is that a good sign? What now?

What Guys Said 3

• Simple. You stage it. Have a notebook with you and hide your pen. Casually ask, "May I borrow your pen?" Then have him watch you write down your number, then your name. Tear the paper out of your notebook, fold it over and say, "Thanks for the pen" as you hand it back, and then say, "You might want this too." Smile and WALK AWAY.

Unless he is gay or his girlfriend is watching, he will contact you.

• I could neverrrr.. maybe borrow a pen, but a number? What if he never contacts me? I'd have to see him in class every day after still..

• Well we just matched on tinder today... so now what?

• Then he knows who you are and he knows you are on the site where people go to hook up for sex.

Just do what I said. Forget tinder.

• time it so you both walk out or in class at the same time, maybe bump or something to spark a conversation?

if I were you I'd just catch him after class and tell him you think he's cute and go from there.

• But if I'm rejected then the rest of the semester I have to share a class with him...

• What do I do now!

• lol. well now you guys can talk. you both know your attracted to each other, so he won't reject you for sure. I'd look at him in class, maybe try and talk to him.

• Chug his load first. Then see what he thinks.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!