Is it good or bad that I don't need a girl to validate me?

So it's Valentines Day and normally on those days I would be sad because I don't have girl, but ever since I decided to focus on myself I have started to want a girlfriend less and less. I now feel like having a girlfriend right now Would get in the way of my goals. I'm going to a university to get my bachelors in history to teach. I also work full time. I realized that I have no time for girls anymore. Plus, a lot of girls go for the really good looking guys (which I am not btw) so that has made my interest in dating to go down. Most girls are superficial and materialistic these days anyways. My family tells me that I need a girl in my life to make me happy, but I completely disagree. They have caused me more pain instead. I'm happy with my life right now without a girl. I've been liking myself more everyday and couldn't feel any happier. What do you guys think? Do I need a girl to make me happy?

25

Most Helpful Girl

• good for you

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do so many parents, or even 'friends' define people by their 'relationships'?
    Why be in a BAD relationship with someone WRONG, just to make parents, friends, happy?
    FCK THEM!!! Love who you love, and if they can't support you, and love you, and understand, FCK THEM!!! You don't need these kind of judgmental people in your life!! They are going to make you need THERAPY or ANTI-PSYCHOTIC DRUGS!!!
    YOU CHOOSE, YOUR LIFE!! Tell the others, 'Thank you for your opinion, but FCK OFF!!!'
    There is NOTHING wrong with being single on Valentine's DAY!! by the way, Do you know the source of this COMMERCIAL HOLIDAY? Some guy, got murdered, and somehow we have a 'Love Holiday'? Thanks to Marketing... Hallmark!!

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think it is bad. I mean our happiness must not come from someone else

What Guys Said 4

• Good for you! You don't have time for a girlfriend anyways because u study and work full time. The 2 things that girls find attractive in a man are super good looks and/or financially stable. Forget about being a nice guy, fun to hang out with, cool to talk to. if you don't have something, u don't use it, so u don't need it. If u don't have a car; u take the bus, if you don't have a girlfriend; u use your hand. Ur families arn't u, they are not the one getting rejected, they don't feel the crap u have to take. Forget about getting a girlfriend and focus on ur life.

• In general guys are expected to provide such as paying for food, drinks and movies, driving, buying gifts and flower etc. If guys cannot provide it’s going to be hard to attract equally attractive women. Let’s say there are 100 guys and you rank them from 1 to 100, 1 being least attractive and 100 being most attractive. A guy who is about 40-60 on the scale who cannot provide will find it hard to attract girls who are equivalent in looks because he can’t provide. For example If you consider yourself good looking and is 75-85, if you don’t provide it will probably be hard to attract girls who are equivalent to you. Your look can be 85 but if you don’t provide it could lower ur dating value to 65. It forces you to go for girls who are ranked near 65 on the attractiveness ranking. If you look at 100 random girls you age, rank them from 1 to 100, you probably are equivalent to girls between 55-75.
      And you don’t need to be a super provider if you are not going for girls who are 90-100, all

• you need to provide is normal everyday dating experience. You don’t need, fancy luxury cars, or fancy sport cars, dinner at 5 stars hotel, exotic island beach vacation, designer brand gifts, expensive jewellery, 100 rose. Forget about movies because they are not realistic, 50 shades, alfies, Casanova, james bond, those nice cars, giant mansions, cocktail patio parties are not realistic. Family restaurant and fast food, normal cars and normal gifts can get the job done.

• You're doing fine. Men and women are just people -- some are awesome, some are assholes.

Just keep working on yourself, and you'll naturally wind up with/around the people who match your current mental state. Relationships (friends, romantic, or otherwise) should ENHANCE your life, not drag it down or lock it in place.

If nothing else, just remember what history teaches us: "By all means marry: if you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher." - Socrates

• Fuck no, focus on yourself like you said. Salute

• good.