Guys, do you feel like dating women these days are very complicated?

It seems as though for the younger generation of men... they have to go by a playbook just to date. After being married for 22 years and then getting a divorce... I found myself back into dating. Dating my generation... was more simple. But when I would go out with a younger man... they were surprised that I wasn't as complicated and dramatic. Right now I have been seeing a man my age... things are pretty simple. I just feel for you guys. I also have a son who is 28. He has a girlfriend for 5 years now and she is great. But before that... he just couldnt understand what girls wanted. Tell me your thoughts.

Most Helpful Guy

• Very complicated. It's like we have to be perfect because if we mess up even once we're out. Most women don't even show signs of interest either so us guys gotta sit back and play detective just to figure everything out.

What Guys Said 27

• I think it is largely a matter of context in the sense that there is a very distinct possibility that the younger guys these days are over thinking the whole girl situation. I will be the first to admit, there is a wealth of information pertaining to how girls "think" these days and what girls "want" however while having some background into these subjects is a good base, it won't necessarily apply to every girl and or every situation. My point is sometimes you just need to NOT overthink and just go with the flow, wringing you hands with anxiety over saying or doing the wrong thing will actually just make things worse.

Now I'm not claiming to be the end all be all of dating, and yes it is true I am married, the fact remains that I can actually initiate and maintain a meaningful conversation. Texting is all well and good, but some effort needs to be put into learning how to converse LIVE and in person, and sure if you are a mad text demon that's great, but again this doesn't really teach you any degree of communication skills especially with text shortcuts which actually degrade communication skills.

So with a lack of communication skills and then a stunted level of understanding of themselves, how is it they then expect to understand anybody else, which would then complicate the whole dating scene.

• I feel like the relationship between male and female has become screwed up in some cultures such as the U. S. There's a hostility there between the opposite sexes of a kind I don't find here.

I don't know the source of it exactly. I can say that it was only when I set foot in the U. S. that I encountered the childhood saying, "Girls have cooties." This already created a rift between young boys and girls who avoid interacting with each other until typically around puberty, at which point they do so primarily out of sexual desire. Furthermore, radical forms of feminism and now MGTOW don't exactly promote unity between men and women.

That lack of unity is the source of all kinds of strife between males and females as I see it. I actually see it as fuel for further discrimination. And I can't help but think this is a big part of what is making dating so complicated for some of the members of the younger generations.

• When society pits the opposite sexes against each other, as "male vs. female", I think there's a tendency there for the sexes to view their opposites as alien species. There's no mutual understanding, only tremendous misunderstanding.

• It's because of their communication skills or lack thereof. Texting has turned all of them into cowards and unable to speak face to face

• That is a good observation

They certainly don't make women like they once did. Women that came from a life with less fashion influence. Less tech involved. Sad to say but less equality for one --> end up producing a more simplified version of the female species. And probably for men too

Today I've met so many women that don't even know how to cook whereas women from older generations, this was a basic requirement. A women really made a house feel like a home

• I don't bother. They're psychotic. Don't believe me? Almost every one of them I meet in my day to day is on some kind of mind altering medication. Anti-psychotics, anti-depression, you name it. And that's not even counting the rampant drug/alchol abuse, the STDs and that infamous mental cancer called feminism. I'd rather invest my time and money into myself.

• Not at all.
    In fact I made recent discoveries, maybe you noticed it?
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2284479-is-it-really-that-easy-to-talk-to-girls-o
    It's just, that a few assholes were being selected for dating and then think, that women are like that, which is quite frankly far from truth.
    As of recently I am speaking with women from time to time and I don't find it hard. I find it entertaining as a matter of fact :)
    It was said and I will say it again: Communication is the key. Honesty is also required.

But I never dated, so I have 0 experience with this but I assume it's just as easy dating a lady.

• Yes. I feel like many have an outrageous laundry list of expectations. I'd expect that from a perfect 10, not from a 5 with 3 kids and $15,000 in credit card debt.

• I cannot date due to my situation & being honest , would not even want to , as I realize that being a single dad , while being stable , will mean very few , if any women at all , will even date me , I am well aware of that. Luckily for me , as a detached & more introvert type of person , I don't have a great need for people , even after my 2 are independent , I won't be dating , as would be too used to being solo & have no patience for silly games.

• yup I don't try anymore it's a waste of time considering what I've met! I'll just let it happen and if not theirs always palmala handerson.

• Definitely! Not like the good old days, they would obey their husbands, cook, take care of the kids/ house. There was no such thing as a horny house wife looking for younger cock and making a damn porn video. They were more loyal back then. Now they get all but hurt and want more rights. Things change, just like me too. We are not gentlemen anymore

• Not really. My version of a date: Go to Backpage or Relax2U, order an escort like a pizza (preferably those with references on your favorite review site if she's a new one), enjoy when she sows up in usually less than an hour or 2.

• I don't feel like just dating is complicated. I feel like even getting a date is complicated these days. The moment I think a girl likes me things suddenly change. It's probably me doing something wrong.

• Women have more choice now, so maybe that means guys have to offer more. That's a good thing. Anyway, I don't think it's hard to understand what a woman wants. Just ask her. If she can't tell you, then find one who can.

• Do you date a lot of women in their 20s?

• LOL. No. I'm married and anyway I never dated much younger women.

• Well I am mostly talking about women in their 20s. And I am going by what a lot of younger men are saying.

• it's not complicated, with the pervasive rise of feminism, women are now "equal"you just keep your emotional distance, play along get laid and they don't even expect you to pay anymore or get married. Move one wehn she get to be a pain in the ass. Feminism is great!

• Yep, too many give up don't know how to work on a relationship when problems arise. Then go running to someone else thinking things will be better, but it's going to be the same thing. Can't run from your problems

• Dunno how it was before, too much worries for me but dont care God makes me a trash for a purpose so well will accomplish.

• Well first of all every women is different and want differnt things at different stages in their life.. Clearly whats important to you now in a guy is not the same when you were 15... for example and guys when they re young they are still trying to figure out who they are let alone figure out what they want or a partner wants.

• i feel like dating has always been strange, its just that people are more likely to make things overly complicated for no reason at all.

• I am sure. You guys have to deal with worrying about asking permission just to kiss a girl.

• don't forget about "Stare rape", you'll need written consent to look at a girl. Not to mention anything further. Therefore it is more than plausible, if men (of any age) are just fed up with the entitled "Ladies" screaming "Shame!" or "Rape!" at any occasion possible or not possible.
      back in the 1980s there was a song "Love is a battlefield" - but already in the 1970s there was the quote "imagine there is war and nobody participates" - As the education of today is vastly influenced by the 1968 students movements, the youg men of today are second or third generation pacifists being brought up in the ultimate wisdom "women good, men evil".
      So when feminists declare war, it is "peace out!"
      Young, not-so-young and even elderly men would love to court women, problem is there are so few left, the asexual, demanding, She-Its telling you how guilty you should feel for being born with a penis (and not even be gay) - nah! thanks, who would want to date such persons?

• @Muglintar I have a son... so I understand kinda how men feel. Well I can have empathy for you.

• Yeah

• yes it is. a lot

• Not really, people have gotta learn to adapt to modern times.

• It's annoying, not complicated

• As a disabled man I feel like we are definitely not the first choice

• I'm sick and tired of getting first dates that don't result in second dates

• I honestly feel like dating is something best to avoid because it is just a headache and very little to no benifits come with it for us as guys. I have given up on dating all together myself. I agree with you that it has changed but only for the worse. And yes I think it has mostly to do with how women act and how they believe relationships show be that is the problem.

• Young women these days expect perfection in s relationship but don't want to put in the effort to make things perfect.

• I don't date because of this. I hate it.