What does it mean when a guy says I came back to see you? But didn't ask for my number?

LONG !)

So I'm a cashier while in college. A cute guy was buying laundry detergent and came into my line. He was really really tall and had blue eyes. He came in my line and I noticed the women behind him kept eyeing us both and looking at us but didn't say anything. (kinda Annoying like Lady you should of said something to us both standing there)
So finally he leaves and I'm helping this women. she says you too would be cute for each other. That be cute if you dated he's really tall (Probably 6'0 or more) and I'm really really short (5'0) so she said that. Then I noticed she kept looking to the side and saw the guy walk back in and she's like he just walked back in you should get his number. I think he came back to see you. I'm shy and awkward so I laughed it off. Anyway I had a line for awhile but I was trying to see where in store he was or if I could see him I noticed he kept purposely walking by almost waiting for my line to go down. Finally he comes back to my line and I'm like hey again! He's like hey... I'm back, but I really came back just to see you again (He did buy little random stuff ) so I wasn't sure if he actually forgot something. and I blushed and laughed. And he went on his way ☹️

Its been MONTHS since I've seen him and I'm like okay wtf finally a guy possibly into me and he disappears. Anyway I was telling my best friend about this guy and my friend yelled at me saying I should of got his number and stuff. I said he only came back cause he forgot something! My best friend said no he came back to see you For real ! I didn't believe her... would a guy come back to see a girl? Or do you really think he forgot something? I'm not sure I thought he just said it to be nice or funny but people seem to think he generally meant it Thoughts?

What Guys Said 3

• He was into you or into you enough to come back and explore it more. but he didn't know how or wasn't comfortable asking you then, or he was just playing. Since then he's drifted off, maybe he's in school, maybe he moved. He is isn't confident enough to come back, or he moved on. At that age, it can be awkward.

Brings back memories of when I did that, and I was so nervous. bought her a rose and asked her out and got a firm no. Don't underestimate the amount of thought and stress guys go under when they aren't confident and learning.

Wouldn't surprise me if he spent a lot of time thinking about you at some point and trying to figure out what to do. But, who knows, probably gotta let that one go, he's back in the pond growing...

• Perhaps he just forgot. Or he thought he'd be pushing it by asking.

• Yeah guys go back into shops and buy pointless stuff to talk to girls again all the time

What Girls Said 0