Girls, what makes you insecure when your boyfriend has other female friends?

Just curious. I have NEVER in my life ever been insecure of my bf's female friends but majority of the girls that i know are like that. Wanna knlw why?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing lol. I trust him so there's no issue.

What Girls Said 20

• I used to be but we both set our boundaries and expectations and are good with each other's friends now.
    My husband is one of those incredibly friendly people (which comes across as flirty) and goes out of his way to help people. He's a people pleaser and it would make me uncomfortable when I would see him go out of his way to make other women happy because I felt there had to be an alterior motive. He may see it as being friendly but other women would see it as an advance and take it further. It was partially my own insecurity that he needed more than I could provide but also his actions were too over the top so we have a good balance now

• My boyfriend has a few female friends and I've only ever felt insecure because of one. She's like a freaking model and they were best friends from before we met. If I were a guy I would've picked her over me which is why I don't feel super great about it. But I would never ask him to stop being friends with her.

• I only feel uncomfortable when the girl friend in question starts acting really inappropriate. I’m not worried about what my current boyfriend will do, because I trust him, and I know he’d never cheat on me. Some of his female friends used to call him babe and other endearments. They would also text him constantly, wanting to hang out with him all the time—ALONE. They neber wanted me around him, and they would talk about me behind my back to my boyfriend, even though they’d never met me. My boyfriend got uneasy, and he asked me whether I thought it was appropriate, because he didn’t. I agreed with him, but I told him that they were his friends, and he should handle it in a way that he felt was best. He told them that he wasn’t comfortable with some of the things they did and said, and he explained why he wasn’t. Most of them threw a hissy fit, essentially, and they refused to talk to him afterward. The sort of behavior they exhibited would make many girlfriends uncomfortable. If my boyfriend hadn’t handled it so well, I would have felt insecure.

With that said, I think a lot of girls feel jealous and insecure because they get the feeling that their boyfriend might like having their ego stroked by other fawning females. This could make some girls feel that the attention they give their boyfriend isn’t enough, which, in turn, can make them feel that THEY are not enough.

In the end, it could be for any number of reasons. Their boyfriend may not take valid concerns seriously. The girl might be paranoid due to unfortunate circumstances in past relationships (cheating, et cetera). There’s also the chance that the girl is simply insecure, and that’s something that she needs to be honest about with herself and overcome.

• I have a problem if his friends don't respect what we have. There are girls he was with that I don't mind him being friends with.

• Me nor any of my friends have these feelings we kinda think it's funny when a girl is insecure then again my husband's ex was hella insecure about me and I'm married to him now.. Then again I didn't really think about it until she got spazzy so lesson don't be spazzy

• So did your husband break up with her?
      Aww thats great! :)

• I dont know we never talked about it she was being a cry baby and even tried to fight which was a very dumb thing to do he broke up with her and we started dating like a year later and she kept trying to say he was cheating with me blah blah blah

• Oh that's really weird of her ! I hope you guys always stay strong and together ❤

• It depends on how close he is to them, especially how much he touches. Like if he talks to them and hangs out with them more than me, i really wouldn't like that.

• Nothing haha I mean their is a reason why he is with me, so I wouldn't have a problem with other females

• Wait why would you be? Your SO is allowed to have friends...

• Because he's my boyfriend and some girls don't know boundaries

• He discusses our problems with her

• Nothing.

• I'm not. I trust him and I also know my self worth. Don't need to worry. Plus he doesn't really have many female friends

• When he talks to them more than me and acts different with them.
    Also, if he never introduced me after he introduced me to all his "close" friends and she came out of the blue... then I would feel insecure.

• it makes me wonder if he thinks they're prettier than me.

• Trust issues

• I don't know... it comes down to not being secure in their relationship though or it wouldn't be a problem...

• Not insecure, I'm just possessive and doesn't want my boyfriend to flirt with them. For me men and women can't be friends, they ll always have some flirt and I don't want that.

• Yea if he has a pic of him with a girl on social media... I compare myself with her. I'm totally okay with them but I just want to know what does she have that I don't. And there is always a possibility that he liked them or still does.

• I wouldn't say insecure, but life has always been a competition and majority of times you meet your girlfriend by becoming friend with her, now if you have a female friend she will always see her as better unless you treat her with less importance then your girlfriend

• I'm never insecure about anything.