Is it unethical for a Cop to ask you on a date while he's on duty lol?

If he pulled you over for a break light being out on your car, and before you leave he asks for your number, because he would like to go out on a date with you lol?

Bump

Most Helpful Guy

• Using the taxpayer's money and employers legal authority to harass people while at work? Then justifying it by saying they're law
    Breakers while symultaneously asking them for sexual favors? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's unethical.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• It's not professional but I don't think there's anything against it as long as he doesn't use it as leverage from stopping you from getting a ticket or something like that.

• Unethical, yes, it's disgusting. It's blackmail, as in "if you go out with me, you won't get a ticket." He should lose his job.

• There's no ticket though. It was just to mention it's out and to get it sorted.

• It's a real slippery slope.

Here was his probable thought process...
      As he sees burned out light...
      "Look, there's somebody with a brake light out, gotta write another ticket, probably some 55 yo guy who should know better anyway."
      As he notices it's you...
      "Wow, it's some 27 yo chick, better not give her a ticket or she won't go out with me."

What if you go out with him and you aren't interested and he just happens to pull you over again? Hmmmm...

It's funny,... I saw an Adam 12 (late 60's/early 70's) episode where they made a big deal about cops not dating the public they have direct contact with (criminals, victims, witnesses).

Later, on an episode of CHiPs (late 70's) the cops on the show caught some women stealing road signs and they took the opportunity to ask them to a party.
      What a difference 10 years can make!

• A little. Not that much if he can get it done fast

• I don't know. It's not "The Love Connection". He's a cop. I understand cops need companionship, too. But doing it on the job seems to be wrong. Does a doctor or nurse ask a patient out? Usually they don't (if they ever do).

• he's wasting citizens money so yes.

• Interesting

• Not necessarily. It's definitely not professional, but in this situation, like all situations, it all boils down to if the girl likes him or not. If she does, you won't hear her complaining much, otherwise, you will.

• Yes it is.
    That's crazy

• Best of luck babe.
    :p

• Not unethical just unprofessional

• probably

• well i don't know how you let them get away with this but here in my part of the world he'd be suspended immediately

• Why would it be. If he perceived you as willing why not.

• officer nasty (family guy thing)

• As long he also makes you pay for the ticket you received and doesn't let it pass... lol

• You don't get a ticket for a light being out. I never have anyway lol I've only been pulled over to be told to get it sorted lol

• Nah I wouldn't go on a date with him lol I didn't give him my number lol

• poor policeman. he felt he had a chance to impress U with his uniform. He should have known better.

• Seems unprofessional and unethical

• Yes it is 'cos when you are working you should be professional.

What Girls Said 4

• As long as he didn't give you a ticket. 😜

• Haha I didn't get one lol

• That would have been weird. " I'm citing you for a broken tail light, it's a $50 ticket but can I get your number to go out sometime?"lol.

• He just pulled me over to make me aware of the light, and said I needed to get it sorted. I have been pulled a few times for lights being out , but I've never been cited. Lol

• Nah, as long as he's not ignoring a situation he should be paying attention to lol.
    I've had cops flirt with me while they were on the job.

• i guess it is

• Yes, because it could be construed to be intimidating upon you.