Is it justified to be angry because he hasn't wished me a happy Valentine's Day?

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaching lens, I think about it from two perspectives.

1) Consistency: In other words, is he normally thoughtful about this sort of thing? If so, let's not get angry about it if he forgets to say it today. On the other hand, if this is par for the course, yes, you have a right to be angry though you shouldn't be surprised.

2) Reciprocation: Have you wished him a Happy Valentines? If not, it looks like you're both in the same boat. If so, what was his reply?

And P. S.--The day isn't over :)

• Well earlier he sent me a snap with sentimental words but it didn't say happy Valentine's Day

• I wouldn't focus so much on the actual words 'Happy Valentines Day'. If the snap was sentimental and sincere, that's good.

• It isn't something more special like a phone/video call or a cute video

Most Helpful Girl

• just tell him happy valentines day, I got you something! and don't worry if he isn't being lovey dovey, maybe he is having a bad day or he just is clueless... just let him know that it's valentines... and ask him to do something with you. some guys are clueless.

What Guys Said 16

• At least wait until the day is over. Where I am, it's only 2:00 pm. If he doesn't, you tell him happy valentines day.

• I'm assuming you haven't either, considering most people will wish you happy Valentine's Day back if you do it first... lol

• I want him to say it first. I expected something nice, not just those two words.

• He has and I want to feel special today, like he values me.

• Don't you think he may also want to feel valued and special?

• You should be furious. I would if my girl didn't get me chocolates, flowers, wished and wished me a happy Valentine's Day. She can however, make it up to me with pizza, netflix and just cuddling in the couch watching "the notebook". That would be the best

• what other first world problems do you have

• You know conversation isn't a one-way street right?
    Waiting for someone to say happy Valentine's day while you haven't either is a bit hypocritical.

• Yea but since he's the guy, its more romantic to me that he says it first.

• To you it's more romantic... how does he see it?
      Also do you ever even try to be romantic towards him, or just expect him to be the first all the time?

• I do try to but I wish he called me to say it or made something cute. I'm affectionate and mention how I feel a lot.

• No it's not. Because I'm sure he's busy celebrating Valentine's with his favorite girlfriend right now.

• nope. he probably recognizes that Valentine's day is a crock of shit.

• No, because he's probably busy celebrating with his other girlfriend (s). It's just another stupid holiday to sell cards, flowers and candy left over from Christmas that people didn't buy. Tomorrow is another day.

• no it's not justified at all it's just a day

• No, I don't really like Valentine's day and a lot of guys think like me. So there's no real reason to flip over that.

• if you are a couple you may be
    but if he has forgotten it don't give him a hard time

• Being angry just hurts yourself. If you feel like shit then everyone you hate wins.

• Yeah i think many of us make that mistake i would bring it up to him that it upset you.

• He probably forgot lol, don't be hard on him.

• dump him

• not really he might have been too busy to remember

What Girls Said 10

• Did you make it known you have strong feelings about Valentine's day?

• That seems pretty silly to me...

• I wouldn't be mad at all, since I see it as just another day, along with every other holiday/event... I don't think it's justified...

• Are you talking about your boyfriend?

• i wouldn't and won't say it first bc IDGAF

• Angry? Have you wished him Valentine's day?

• Yes, does he know your in a relationship?

• it doesn't worth it

• I totally get you... I am angry on my boyfriend too...

• Totally, I'm kinda salty as all i got was "Happy Valentines Day" like k den