Who should pay for dinner?

I've always split the bill, however my current boyfriend insists on paying - I have offered to pay my half! Just curious what the general consensus is.

• Guy
  • Girl
  • Split
    Vote C
Seeing as everyone (so far) has said split, is it a bad thing he always pays? Or is it gentlemanly, since he works full time whereas I'm part time and a student? Or should I still insist?

75

Most Helpful Guy

• It's perfectly okay that he always pays. I always pay for my girlfriend even though she actually makes more. That's what a gentleman should do. You shouldn't have to insist, just let him spoil you and never feel bad.

• Thank you for selecting my opinion as most helpful.

What Guys Said 4

• I think both should pay for it

• first 6 date the guy should next 2 the girls should next 4 the guys should next 6 the girl should 2 guys next 4 girls then reapeat pattern or just guy should

• whoever is eating it i guess

• Both should.

What Girls Said 7

• This question is asked about 10 times a day lol

I'd never pay on a first date or let the guy pay. I like to pay for our own share of the bill. That way neither of us has to feel obligated to see each other again if the date doesn't go too well.

If we went on a second date and he insisted on paying, then I'd insist that I pay the next time. It's unfair if one person always has to " foot the bill"

• Whomever asked the other out, unless they decided to go Dutch.

• splitting is the best

• Let him do what likes to do for you. Maybe he is just spoiling you a little. At least he knows that you are okay with splitting the bill. I think that's really sweet for him that you are open to sharing in paying.

• Split, though you will find guys insisting in paying as if their lives depended on it lol

• Split it.

• The guy.