Why is he being like this?

So, it's Valentine's Day (obviously) and it's a day where couples do cute things for each, etc. etc. Well, I don't really make a big deal about Valentine's Day. It's honestly corny. My birthday was also a few days ago and my boyfriend asked what I wanted and I told him sunflowers because I love them so much. Well, he wasn't able to get them because he recently lost his job and he's really trying to get back on his feet, but i don't care. I'm not with him for his money or for stupid gifts. I texted him today and said that I'd be making his favorite dessert and I wanted him to come get some. He said he wanted some of the dessert and then he said "I really don't want you doing anything for me anymore because you do so much for me and I can't do anything and that makes me feel bad." I seriously started crying while reading the message because I don't want him to feel bad about not being able to buy things for me. He literally spent every day of the week with me last week and that made me really happy he even surprised me with a Sprite (my fav soda) because I said I was craving it. It was really sweet of him. Seriously, he can do the tiniest things and it'll make me super happy so I don't know why he's being like this. How do I comfort him or come about this situation? Pls help.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Men know that women eventually dislike them for weaknesses and being without money is a major weakness. It hurts a mans level of dominance. Then it forces women to be the dominant one... and eventually just losing feelings for the guy. He feels that he's not good enough for you. I know it sounds bad but it is a compliment. Because he has the guilt he doesn't want to feel more by you doing stuff for him... of course he's being emotional which is another thing not allowed by men. He better control himself soon.

Most Helpful Girl

• Awww you guys are such a cute couple! Reassure him that you don't expect him to get you anything and you are totally fine with that. Tell him that you only want to do those things for him because you like seeing him happy.

What Guys Said 2

• It's a difficult situation. Sounds like he wants to feel like he can take care of you. He'll be fine once he finds another job.

I guess just make sure he knows that you're not bothered about the money. Just be generally supportive, it's all you can really do about it.

• I think I am similar to your partner in this aspect; I sometimes feel bad as well, when I feel like I can't give as much as I get. Perhaps, imagining me being the guy, it would help to hear that being together means so much to you and that you just want to be with him, because that's also a gift for you. I don't think you can completely change his mind though, if someone reacts like this in such a situation, they will do so always - at least in my opinion.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!