Should I tell him my feelings or how to find out his feelings?

So I met this guy back in December on a 10 day group trip abroad. We really hit it off the last few days and sat together on both flights home. We really connected and had a lot of fun even though they were really long flights. We watched movies, he taught me how to draw, we talked about our interests. He goes to college in my state so that’s not a problem. The problem is that he is studying abroad this semester. I really really like him and it is so hard not to see him and talk to him as much. We texted for like 2 weeks straight when we got home from the trip. He doesn’t have international texting so we’ve basically been relying on snapchat and fb messenger to talk. It’s hard though because of the time difference I only get 1 or 2 snaps a day from him. But he told me that he rarely uses snapchat and we have a 22 day streak so that’s good lol. I really like him and I think he may like me, but I am not sure. How do I tell him that I really like him or ask him how he feels about me? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's a My Take I wrote on relationships. Pay special attention to the equality of emotional investment. Men invest by pursuit so it's best to let him pursue and just respond in ways that invite him to invest further and more deeply while, since women invest by attention, you'll be getting more invested in him. Let him make the move.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a6869-relationships-how-they-work

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him that you like him , if he shares the same feelings that's great and if he doesn't then see if you can stay friends and if it doesn't work out it means you're not meant to be in each other's life

• How do you recommend that I tell him?

• Don't worry if he's mature and respectful he'll be nice no matter the answer. 💪

• Hahaha I hope so!

What Guys Said 4

• it's going to sound sort of sarcastic but... you just tell him. tell him how much you enjoy talking to him. how amazing it was getting to know him on that trip and how he made the long flight home fun. tell him it's hard not getting to hang out with him since you feel like you've developed feeling for him and then maybe sort of suggest that when he comes back you hope to get to hang out with him

• I just don't want to freak him out and then he'll think I'm like weird or something and embarrass myself. I don't want to ruin a friendship. I have no idea what to do because I want to tell him and I want to know how he feels, but I don't want to embarrass myself and screw up :/

• well the worst he can say is he just sees you as a friend. so you could preface any conversation with, "i really value you as a friend and don't want that to change but i also feel like I have to be totally honest with you..."

• If I was in this situation I would continue what your doing and when he gets back then Express my feelings. It may complicate things if you tell him how you feel while he studying abroad. If you can't wait I would Express how much you can't wait for him to get back from his studies. If you want to ask him without asking him if he likes you. just ask him what he see you as. If he says only friends ask if he would ever go more than that. those answers will reveal a lot of information.

• I feel like I won't tell him even though I want to. I don't want to embarrass myself and then freak him out or have him think I'm weird or something :/

• Do you think it's better to tell him while he's still away or wait for him to come back?

• That up to you. I would personally wait until he came back so that I could tell him in person as it sinks in a lot more than a over a text or Internet thing. It totally up to you though. If you honestly feel the way you do about him I would say go for it as soon as you feel good about saying so.

• shia lebeouf: DO IT!.. JUST DO IT!

• I can't take shia lebeef seriously in any situation, so that video was hilarious to me. my friend was like "it's so inspirational!" I was laughing the whole time.

• the longer you can wait, the better, especially since you're only 18, and are too young to be bogged down in something serious

• I just really like him, and I know he is genuinely a good guy because I have asked around about him before I let myself really get hooked on him. Everyone only had positive things to say about him. I think we really connected from being stuck on a plane next to each other for 15 hours.

• So basically just don't do anything?

• im not saying you should or shouldn't. it's ultimately up to you, im just saying, i think you should just lay off it. you're young

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!