What is the difference between loving someone and being in love with someone?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Loving someone can be platonic, like loving your best friend, your mother, or your whole family. Being in love, I guess, is often romantic. While both are unconditional, I guess what makes the two different is the attraction manifested.

What Guys Said 17

• I always thought that the "in love" is just a phase which preludes "loving". As in, being in love still offers the chance that you could fall "out" of love relatively easily. Loving someone is when you have taken the other road and not fallen out of love and have instead settled in it. Getting out of this one is a whole other bomb to survive.

• not sure but i think that loving someone means being comfortable around that person and liking them a lot to the point of wanting to stay with them and do everything with them.

being in love is simply being blind to any mistakes or flows they make or might have, basically to you theyre always perfect.

• Being in love has an expiration date. Just like a crush, only it lasts longer and its stronger. While love is a feeling somewhat similar to friendship and it doesn't go away. Its how functional marriages work. Cause you can't be in love for more than a few years.

• That is actually a very thin line to difference them. You are the only one that can truelly answer that question.

• Never fallen in love so I don't know. But yeah I care about my friends (boys+girls) a lot probably I LOVE them so I care😳

• It determines how badly you want them in bed.

• You love a friend. You are in love with your SO. Huge difference.

• love doesn't have to be romantic while being in love always is! also love is a choice however being in loves seems to be beyond your control.

• We often loosely use the word β€œlove” and we mix being in love with actually loving someone. Being in love with someone can stem from infatuation, possessiveness and obsession. You both talk, hold hands, hug kisses and develop surface feelings. You feel alone when your partner is not around you.

• Loving someone isn't as much about the emotions as it is about the thoughts. Thinking about someone, wishing the best for that person, doing the best to make him or her happy and, well, caring for that person just as much as β€” if not more than β€” yourself, that's what love is.

• What does it mean to be in love?
      It's something that can happen without your intention or consent, and it's not something you can walk away from. If you leave, you'll take the feeling of being in love with you. 2. Loving someone means wanting them to do well, being in love means putting them first.

• You love your close friends, your pets, and your family. But you are in love with only one special person; the one you wish to have at your side always and forever.

• You love your mom, Dad, brother or sister, or even friend or x boyfriend /gf

You are in love with your boyfriend, spouse or SO

• loving = giving.
    being in love = getting

• You are definitely in love or confused. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Loving someone includes platonic love, where being in love is only romantic love.

• I don't know but

• the feeling

What Girls Said 2

• in my opinion Love comes from being with that person for a long enough time to the point that they've become your family, and they're one of the most important people in the world to you. In love = temporary lust.

• Your parents and the person you sleep with every night.