Is it ok to go out for coffee with other guys if you have a bf?

Let's say someone asks you out to coffee, and you're not single. Is it ok to have coffee with them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure! My two closest friends are women and my wife had no problem with it. She trusted me, so if a lady wants more and I do it, that's all on me. The lady has nothing to do with my decision, so I deserve all the blame. Both my wife and I trusted each other and had no issues when the other did things with the opposite sex. If you don't trust your partner, you don't have the kind of relationship you should want. (for those of you who feel the need to tell me I'm crazy, don't bother. I really don't care what you think!)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say consider how jealous your boyfriend can be (from past experience) and how sensitive he is. Also, make sure he's okay with it before u go out for coffee. Think to yourself. Would you be happy if your boyfriend went out to coffee with another girl and got to know her? It'd be a bit uncomfortable, wouldn't it? I wouldn't advise it for the sake of your relationship, but make sure you ask your boyfriend about his feelings on it. MHO? xD

What Guys Said 26

• Here are my thoughts from a relationship coaching lens.
    First and foremost, there is nothing wrong with going out for coffee with any member of the opposite sex just because you have a boyfriend or a girlfriend.
    Second to this, there will be people who disagree with this. There will be people that would not be okay with this. But, that doesn't make it wrong. That means they are either jealous or territorial.
    So, the act is not wrong but perhaps a couples relationship is not strong enough to withstand it.

• Going for coffee is AKA lets get to know each other better... So NO it's not okay!

• If you think the guy wants to date you and you don't feel comfortable with it, I'd say don't do it. Other than that I don't see a problem. You might mention it to your boyfriend so it is "not behind his back". I wouldn't mind if a woman I was dating had coffee with guy friends. Not that I'm dating anyone at the moment. LOL...

• Yes of course it's ok. But people get afraid because you never know who you'll meet that will make you feel giddy inside

--> The key here is to understand you can be attracted to more than one person even with a boyfriend. So don't automatically get confused and act on it if you feel attraction. Simply move on and forget.

--> Don't step on your bf's toes and make him the priority

If you can safely follow these rules, meet whoever you want

• you know your intentions and stick to your guns, sure. go for it.

• Yes and no.

Yes: It's okay if you are with a friend who is single who just needs a friend to talk to.

No: If that single person believes that coffee = sex.

• Depends on the situation. If he's a friend that's been around for years and your boyfriend is fine with it than sure.

• Yeah just dont do the hot coffee mod, if ye know what I mean *wink*.

• it's only coffee

• Of course!

• If you asked or at least informed your partner sure.

• Sure.

• Its not!

• I'd break up with you.

• No, considering what "going out for coffee" actually means.

• Would it be okay to you if your boyfriend did that?

• Yes, of course, as long as their intent isn't to date you.

• If the other guy is related to your boyfriend Or is gay!! lol

• If you don't mind him going out for coffee with females?

• No it's not. What are you thinking?

• Along as it's clear it's just coffee I wouldn't see the harm

• Sure. As long as he can go out for "coffee" wink (; with other girls.

• Sure, you're an adult, its only important that you do what you want to do despite the feelings of others. Not being sarcastic, your life is only about you.
    But be advised that coffee date is that: a date and the guy is just tryin to get balls deep.

• He's asking you for coffee to try to date you, so of course not. Women these days are so retarded.

• These days? Haha you were born in the 90s just like us, so you can't tell me how women were back in the 60s LOL

• But I can listen to others who were, who say that things are completely different nowadays.

• it's coffee. so long as it stays as coffee then who cares? no harm no foul. however you have to ask yourself if you're ok with him doing the same with women. if not then it's not fair if you do it
    however if you are ok with him doing the same and make sure it stays platonic between you and your friend then as far as I see it it is just two friends having coffee

What Girls Said 11

• If you're having coffee as friends, it's fine. If there's any intention of something romantic or sexual, then it's not okay.

• Is this even a real question? Are you a troll? Because the answer is pretty obvious. If you have to ask something like this, then you already know the answer.

• sure, as long as you tell them when they invite you, "you do know I'm happily involved with my boyfriend, right"

• You have to use your intution here. If you can tell the person who invited you has romantic intentions, then definitly not.
    Yet, these kind of questions should be discused between partner. Then, if your partner says it's not okay and fundaments why it isn't, and you agree, then it's indeed wrong.

• If it's someone who's just a friend, sure. If it's some random guy you just met, it's a date, so no.

• asks you out having the intention in pursuing smthng with you
    and asking you for coffee to sit and study
    those are 2 different situations
    the latter is no problem

• if you feel as if you have to hide it from your partner then it's not right, and if you'd be upset at your boyfriend going out for a coffee with a girl then it's not right either

• I mean maybe let ur boyfriend know first. Would you want him meeting random girls without mentioning it to you?

• Depends on who they are. But only as long as you make it clear that its just as friends.

• I think its fine as long as your boyfriend knows who you're going with & where you're going to.

• Technically, that's still cheating, so no.