Guys, be honest... how important is appearance?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how important is appearance, and how important is personality? Have you ever dated a girl you didn't necessarily find that attractive? Have you ever chosen a less beautiful girl over a more beautiful one? If so, why? Is there anything more important than beauty and a hot body? Please be completely honest. I won't judge.

121

Most Helpful Guy

• 10 ! Appearance is the first thing people see so it has to be on point! You can never showcase your personality if your appearance is lacking!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's very important. Around 9.

What Guys Said 20

• As an honest opinion?
    Looks come into it only a little - 20% of my opinion is formed of how attractive I find them, 80% is personality based.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though, so even what is considered beautiful will vary.
    I can state with confidence though, that no matter how hot the body, if the heart isn't right I won't date said person. The heart is more important than anything, then the brain, then the body.

• Thank you for responding! What characteristics as far as personality are important then?

• Honesty. Love for people in general. Forgiveness. Humour. Patience. Curiosity. Compassion. Hope. That's off the top of my head.

• I once dated a woman who looked like Olive Oyl from the Popeye cartoons. Tall, skinny, flat-chested, big nose - you get the picture. She was one of the most fun women I've ever dated. She was extremely intelligent with a sense of humor second to none. She knew the right way on how to treat a man. Looks were not important, as far as I was concerned.

• It's important. That being said, in regards to a relationship, it's not everything. I need to be attracted to a girl to do anything with her though. If you're unattractive to me then I'm not going to consider dating you. It's as simple as that.

Body is really important to me. I like a lean toned and athletic body. I work hard for mine so I deserve a girl who does that same.

• Looks: 7
    Personality: 10

Yes, I dated a non-attractive girl, but it didn't go well... she was below a 7, though lol

• It's probably a 6 or 7/10

Don't get me wrong, it's really important but only to reach a certain level of attractiveness, after that it's different guy to guy.

Basically, if your not ugly, I don;'t think it matters that much for most dudes

• Personality is the most important aspect. It's more important than Hot body and Beauty. Dating a hot girl who doesn't have personality can be disturbing and embarrassing! Don't get me wrong but I'm just trying to be honest. Appearance does matter and on a scale I would give it 6.5/10. But personality is 9.9/10. Hope you find my answer helpful!

• It's like a 7/10 importance... You can think a super hot girl is uninteresting or unattractive, like you can find an everyday girl to be cute, interesting and attractive.

Attraction is a weird thing that doesn't always make sense.

• Importance Level:
    Appearance - 10
    Personality - 10

Ratio
    Appearance - 8
    Personality - 2

If you don't look good in their eyes... you can be mother Teresa and they still won't be interested

• Looks are what gets your personality's foot in the door. You have to find your partner attractive (they don't have to be a 10 so long as they're a 10 to you) but you also have to enjoy their company.

• Depends. The more beautyful a woman is the more guys will fall for her regardless of her character.
    But if a girl is average attractive there is a lot of choice, so a guy chooses the one with the best character.
    Ugly girls who want an attractive man have to hope they find him drunk and horny, offer easy sex and be so cool that he likes them.

• Looks 7
    Personality 10
    As long as I'm attracted to her is all that matters. Personality is everything

• I'd say it's a 7... Which is more than it should be, but yeah

• its one of those things, any girl can do her best to be attractive and attract dudes nonstop, but at the end of the day personality is what keeps attachment and relationships

• personality is 10 and looks are a 4 for importance. I've dated a few women who others didn't think we're pretty

• I won't date a girl I don't find attractive

• At first when I met the girl appearance is 8-9 and personally none at the time. When I start a deep, long conversation look is somewhere like 6-7 and personally 7-8.

• For me it's ok the personality the girl has as long as the girl doesn't have a Budda belly.

• Ide date a 6 or 7 if they were kind hearted and kinky in the bed.

• About a 5 or a 6

• Ok look let's be real here, looks are the first and must important. everyone says personality matters more, but they're just kidding themselves. Lol if they say otherwise, there's that girl who's personality is golden and she's otherwise perfect wife material , but she's really ugly and not everyone will date her.

So in a general sense, looks are like 75%and the rest is personality. I mean lol everyone always imagines their dream partner is a perfect 10 model.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!