New boyfriend doesn't want to be Facebook official. Is this an isssue?

1713

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah it's a huge issue that you even called it FB official... LMAO.. really? If you are engaged or married okay maybe but come on...

Most Helpful Girl

• It shouldn't be an issue at all! Some people like their privacy. My boyfriend and I didn't want to declare it on facebook for everyone to see. Our friends and family know and that's what is important to us. There's nothing wrong with it and you should respect that

What Guys Said 12

• Well, there is only 4 possible reasons he would not want this. You decide which could be true.

1. He is ashamed of you. Meaning that we doesn't want people to make bad judgment on you.

2. He has a few or one other girl that he wants to appear to be single just in case.

3. His family has some weird religion and they will not accept you (unlikely).

4. He's afraid you are going to be bugging him and plastering his account with comments all over his pictures. Damn that would suck!!!

• FB is disgusting. The narcissist's playground. Don't bring that into your relationship at all - it's irrelevant.

• Anyone who worries about what's on Facebook doesn't have their priorities straight.

• Yes and no.
    I can see that it could be but, more importantly, stop having your life revolve around a social media program. What would you rather have? A wedding ring or a Facebook relationship status?

• Nope, not an issue... but like always it depends on the context. If he's not a discreet man, then it's a raised eyebrow.. if he is like this with other things too... then not so much an issue

• There are certain reasons... If you have a important job... Facebook is off limits. I was in teaching for a while... We had to stay out of it. Some did that ( not my district) and wrote some... You know unacceptable comments and got in hot water.
    Also, I have heard on court cases on Facebook comments and the judge find that FB stuff is for babies too.

• Jesus you're 26... Thought only a tween would wonder such...

"Facebook official" is a bullshit, non-thing. Any girl to whom it should even occur to ask such nonsense needs replacement immediately.

• My girlfriend is like this. You accept it or you don't. I've chosen to accept it.

• Being out of Facebook feels so cool.

• That's a major issue and it probably means he doesn't want a serious relationship ever.

• Obviously. You're a side chick.

• These questions... I don't know how some people make it through life

What Girls Said 16

• That's a bit strange but I know just a few people that are like that.
    1. Ask him why
    2. Share how you feel about it
    3. If he is bothered and gets mad, then he got an issue or problem why he doesn't want to. Maybe, so others won't know.

• Why is it an issue? I don't see how it is, except how you want everybody to know your business. If it's an issue, talk to him about it and ask why he wouldn't. You either trust his judgment and answer, or you can just drop the relationship because of lack of trust. I don't even post much on Facebook either. Actually, I haven't really posted anything up for like nearly 3 months. If I could get rid of my account, I would. But I have friends and family that I can easily contact on there than offline.

• I think that if you've been in a relationship for awhile that you should put it on FB. Not for showing off or anything like that, but for some people that might like you and want to flirt with you or ask you out. It's really frustrating when I meet someone and I want to find out if he has a girlfriend and there's like no traces of it on FB at all, and then I find out he's married or something. Geez, just put it and make it easier for other people so they don't waste their time on you!

When I was with my ex, I put it after like a year that I'm in a relationship. I didn't tag him though, it was unnecessary. I just wanted people to know that I'm taken. He didn't put anything and I really didn't mind, I did it for me.

• How long have you been official and does he just want to hide his status altogether or does he want to remain single or what?

These questions are important to know.

• If it concerns you, talk to him about it. My boyfriend and I aren't "Facebook official" because we don't really care to justify or validate our relationship online. Our relationship isn't secret either... all our friends and family know we're together.
    But I can see the concern with maybe there being a trust issue? Are you afraid that he has someone else? Or are you worried that maybe he doesn't want to be publically associated with you?

• Not necessarily, it depends on the person. I'll put up wedding photos and not have a status on there. I just don't care for social media status or doing things officially but a lot of my friends do. Everyone's different.

• Why do you have to announce on Facebook? It's none of Facebook's business. and having a relationship status on Facebook does not define a relationship anyway.

• I've never been in a Facebook official relationship. I think I'd only worry if he doesn't tag me in photos or similar.

• YES, he's probably got like 5 girlfriends

• Yes he's being sneaky already...

• Some people are a little private when it comes to relationships. I know I am. And it's just fb.

• no. definitely not! not everyone needs to know your business or who you're dating.

• For me It's ıssue. I don't want to hide it

• When I had a Facebook, my fiancé and I weren't even friends. I wasn't worried about it Because in real life he's constantly all up under me lol. I don't have a Facebook now, but I think it's completely unimportant in a serious adult relationship.

• It depends on how long you've been seeing him for. If you've been seeing each other for at least three months I'd expect his status to at least say dating

• It shouldn't be, some of us still believe in privacy...