Could you date someone that has friends of the opposite sex? (Read details)?

I know from first hand experience that it is possible to have friends of the opposite sex. But to clarify the question a bit. Would you be able to date someone if let's say they hung out with their friend that is the opposite sex, alone? And if you have ever been through a situation like this how did you handle it, or if not how would you handle it?

For me personally I wouldn't mind if my girl had guy friends and hung out with them, BUT if she was alone with one of them instead of it being more of a group thing... then I can't help but think something must be going on

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea I would always start out trusting my guy but I would have to feel them out and the situation before I really see how "friendly" she is

What Girls Said 5

• Of course! As a matter of fact, I am in a strong relationship with my boyfriend, and my best friend is male and he and I hang out a lot together. My boyfriend doesn't seem to care because he knows how much I care about him and how devoted i am in our relationship. If the concern of me hanging out with my best friend has crossed his mind, he hasn't verbalized it to me or approached me with his discomfort. If it was the other way around (my boyfriend's best friend was female) I probably wouldn't mind either, unless I had a reason to be concerned (like if she openly hit on him).

• I wouldn't mind, both me and my fiancĂ© have friends of the opposite sex and we are both fine with each other hanging with them alone as well as in a group

• My boyfriend lived with his best female friend while I was living in a different process. I honestly don't care.

• I wouldn't. If in his group of friend there's a girls I would be ok (if he let me go with him) but hung out alone with a girl I wouldn't be ok with that

• I think it depends on the person

What Guys Said 1

• Unless you had a good reason to suspect that she was cheating, you should allow her to see him. After all, it would be cruel to deprive two friends of each other when they did nothing wrong.

• I agree but if let's say the behavior was suspicious, then you can't help but be concerned. If let's say they are hanging out with the friend alone and they text you saying they are gonna spend the night at the friends house then the following day you ask them how it went and they dodge the question

• Okay if she was spending the night at his house then that is cause for concern. If I were you I would first talk to her about it and lay down some rules. I wouldn't tell her to stop being friends with him, but I would tell her not to go to his house again.

• I don't currently have a girlfriend, I was just giving an example