Do you think being an introvert mean it's harder for me to get a boyfriend?

My sister and i do have opposite character. She's extrovert while i'm introvert. My aunt who oftenly visit our house said that i have to be more like my sis, so i could get a boyfriend, she frustates me these days and constantly giving me assumption that i will not have a boyfriend in the future. Though, my sister who is extrovert doesn't even have a boyfriend herself, yet my aunt never give her that haunting statement of never having a boyfriend.

• Yes
    59%(10)56%(14)Vote50%(4)
  • No
    41%(7)44%(11)Vote50%(4)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• First thought: guys hit on girls much more than vice versa. In some situations, you may find you have a choice of guys who are attracted to you without much effort on your part.

Second: I don't even know; are there dating sites that let you join at your age? your profile says under 18. Regardless, try registering on some when you're of age and see if it opens any new doors.

• Uhm i'm 17. So you're suggesting me to register dating sites?

• No, not unless there are ones out there just for teens to meet teens. Otherwise, just keep the idea in mind for when you're older.

I have introverted tendencies of my own. I find it's much easier to express myself in writing than speech. If you try online chats, much, or even text messaging, you might find the same.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok so my response is no, being an introvert does not mean it's harder to get a boyfriend! I'm an introvert (more of an ambivert) but I sometimes have difficulty in dealing in many social settings. Since I am over 21, I usually have a drink or two to calm my nerves. The short answer is that men seem to be more attracted to confidence which is a characteristic of many extroverts. I have had a handful of boyfriends in my 34 years of life and a few lovers in my day. I think as an introvert, we are harder on ourselves but it is not a deciding factor in the level of difficulty of having a boyfriend/love interest! Go at your own pace and enter social settings that are more on your comfort level! You will meet the right one someday!

• So you think the key is to increase in confidence?

• Thankyou for explaining. It may seems be hard to change my personality to extrovert one, but still i will try my best to openly socialize with people. Once again thankyou ^.^

• You're welcome! Just so you know I'm still an introvert but I try to socialize more as well!

What Guys Said 2

• If you roll a die 10 times, you are more likely to get a six at least once, whereas if you rolled a die once, you would be less likely. This principle may apply to talking to guys. You increase your odds by being social.

• Yes, it will make it really hard for you.

What Girls Said 3

• Being an introvert shouldn't make it harder at all. Usually it is extroverts that are attracted to introverts and vice versa because of the whole balance thing so you're more likely to attract an extrovert. Shyness, however, might make it more difficult but no worries because shyness is something you can overcome with time. People need to stop assuming that introversion makes a person shy and lacking in confidence. You could be an extrovert and be shy with low self esteem. The extrovert-introvert spectrum is genetic as what makes us introverts/extroverts is the dopamine receptors in our brains, whereas shyness and confidence levels are something you're socialised into by your circumstances

• It won't make it that hard

• How are you sure about that? These two guys who commenting below said exactly the same like my aunt told me.

• Thankyou for answering... :) as i wanted an image in my mind so that when the time is come i at least know what to do... hehe :)

• You're welcome! Anything us possible if you put your mind to it 😊

• Myself being an introvert, I find it extraordinarily hard to meet new people. So maybe in that way, it might be harder for you to come across a person you like and vice versa.