How can you tell if a guy is nerdy & inexperienced with women, or if he isn't interested?

I'm not saying all nerdy men are inexperienced with women, BUT I go to a school where that seems to be the case, at least with a lot of guys I've encountered. However, I can't tell if a guy is inexperienced and sucks with talking to girls or if he isn't interested.
For example, I messaged this guy and he responded without a question back, just a response to what I had said... I don't know if I should to carry a convo more or not.

11

What Guys Said 1

• It's hard to tell over text. I think if he's giving effort that's the best sign he's interested

What Girls Said 1

• If he is being short with you over text, he probably isn't interested. If he answers you fully but doesn't ask questions back, he might just be bad at talking to girls.

You could say something like, "What do you have going on this weekend?" and if he doesn't seem busy, casually see if he wants to grab food or something. If he doesn't, you'll instantly have your answer. I find it much easier to gauge interest in person than over text.

• Well he's in a class of mine and I don't want to make things awkward :/