I never feel like the guys at my school will ever like me because I feel like an outsider... I'm crushing on a guy but there's no chance hed like me?

I'm a senior at a private liberal arts college in a smallish town in the country. Most people that attend the school are from richer families and good backgrounds. I'm not saying I'm special, but I'm having a great struggle in connecting with people and forming relationships. I have depression and anxiety. I'm more of an anarchist and the people I've been around are too. I've always been interested in living more outside this pre established box, relatively to my peers. They all seem like preppy good kids, academically motivated and going after careers, friendly and talk to everyone, act young and upbeat. I live by a big city and go there because I feel a greater connection with the people and environment there. My peers' idea of partying is going to school dances and house parties with some alcohol even if it's a dry campus. I've been going out and seeing people who shoot up heroin, live on the road, smoke packs of cigarettes daily, live for art or music and drop acid, don't have real job, you get the picture. I've always been attracted to that nature and I don't know why. However, I've cut those people out of my life and I'm starting over. They've brought negativity into my life for far too long. That said, I've been trying to meet people at my school but I feel like an outsider and not good enough because I haven't participated in this school life at all. I met a guy recently who may or may not be into me, but he has SO many friends. And they're into sports and academic clubs, they're very "normal" in the sense that they participate in school and have groups of friends. His ex was a preppy clean blond, and im a punk/gothic chick with messy hair and makeup & no friends. Guys ask me out there a lot, they say I'm "mysterious" and poke fun at me being elusive. It makes me feel more like an outsider. I hate it bc I really like this guy but I don't feel good enough. Should I not go for him because it'll only end in failure?

11

What Guys Said 1

• I'm srry that can be tough. Remember that they are people. Start with stuff that's simple. Basic interactions

What Girls Said 1

• So what if his ex was different? I mean, as far as I know men are attracted to many females that look nothing like each other. I think you should try to approach him.