Why do people think it's okay to call me cute? Anyone else hate being called cute or adorable?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I'm often called 'cute' or 'adorable' or even 'that one little cinnamon roll', and sometimes it's really irritating. I can't say I hate it, because compliments are nice, but when it's excessive and people contantly tell me I'm just cute (I have a personality, you know!) it can beome a little much.

But then again, I'm small and have 'babyish' features (which my boyfriend points out and says he loves) soi can't really complain... I've been cursed with cuteness.

• Well then again, I guess being called cute all the time is a good thing, especially if they consider cuteness or adorable synonymous with youth, so you're youthful?

What Guys Said 31

What Girls Said 18

• It's annoying at my age tbh.

• I mean why is it a problem? You want to be called sexy or hot O suppose? Cute isn't a bad thing your mannerisms and features are what one could classify as cute or pretty. I kind of used to be annoyed by it low key I feel like it's a little bit better to be cute/pretty as opposed to sexy. Sexy is only what people will see you for sex and no real substance and sexy people can still be really awesome people but people are only taking them for face value and that's really hard to constantly be all the time.

• I don't mine being called cute.
    Maybe they think 'hot' is too forward and you wouldn't like that. But you don't like cute either lol

• I don't mind it, but I would like to be called "beautiful," "pretty," or "gorgeous" on occasion. Haha.

• Not really. I actually like it (*^_^*)

• I HATE HATE HATE being called cute. It's demeaning to me. If you call me cute I'll thank you, but I'll be pissed off inside. I'd rather just you not compliment me than call me cute. Call me a bitch before you call me cute

• Lmfao wherr is aurora πŸ˜‚
    I get called like that all the time. I mean my size and baby face are to blame lol. Even my personality is cutesy.
    But I can be sexy too so I son t mind.
    And I don t mind bejng called cute πŸ˜†

• I like being called that stuff.

• well because it is okay... it is simply a nice and appropriate compliment.

• personally, i love being called cute and adorable, but that mightbe just me

• My boyfriend isn't sexy at all. Not even a little. But he's really adorable. Sometimes I wonder if he gets annoyed of me calling him cute so often

• Even your user name and picture are cute lol

• I don't mind, I've always gotten that compliment like only 6 guys have ever called me sexy.

• no i like it
    why is that such a bad thing?

• surprise surprise :P

• always the same with girls... complaining that they get called cute but if you say that they don't look cute, then you're fucked too lmao

• Lol I think you already know my answer to the second question.

• Me. I hate it so badly like I have a serious case of baby face so I get "you look 12 " , " awe your adorable" a lot. Like I know I am but I wanna be something else

• Me. I give up. Fuck everything πŸ˜‘

• it's because that profile pic, it's too cute, sorry