Why won't he date me?

I have been going on dates with this guy for about 3 weeks now and we went out for Valentine's Day and all of that. He's super smart and sweet. We get along quite well. But, he keeps telling me not to rush things and to let things happen as they happen. I just don't know how much longer I can go without commitment. He's protective yet doesn't want to be official yet. What are reasons he wouldn't want to be official yet and should I continue seeing him or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is protective so he might be thinking of knowing you more better because good boys take time to be in relationship theh want to perfect for there girl
    wait for him :)

What Guys Said 5

• Honestly, I feel that three weeks isn't enough time to become "official." Serious dating is definitely a commitment. He may have some business to take care of before he can devote all his time and energy to one person or cause.

If you like the guy, continue forward. I'd continue hanging out for another month or two - this will give you time to get to know eachother better.

• He probably wants to take things slow, which isn't really a bad idea. He probably wants to make sure that you are legit in terms of not being crazy (at least as much as he can tell early on). If you really need commitment, then I guess you could give him an ultimatum. However, that very well could end things between the two of you. Even if you were older, it would look a little like you're rushing it. You're quite young. You have more time than you realize. I'd give it a few more weeks yet, at least - maybe even a little longer than that. I personally wouldn't consider being official at least for a month or two - at the earliest. Granted that's for someone as young as you. In my age, it would be closer to just one month - depending on how many dates we've gone on and how much we are together.

• It honestly sounds like he's afraid of commitment too. He's probably just sorting out his feelings before he makes his final decision on whether or not he wants to date you.

• 3 weeks really isn't that much to become official. Give it another 2 or 3 weeks

• does it have to be "official"

• It's more so me just wanting to know he can commit and we can be boyfriend and girlfriend I suppose

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't want to be committed. He wants to continue having sex with you and he wants to feel free to date other girls.