It's hard to be around men because I think they always lie. How do I deal with this?

I've been lied to so many times that I literally twitch at the littlest thing that doesn't add up. I know plenty of people have gone through being lied to; I don't know how to deal with this in a healthy way. I get angry, sometimes on the verge of violent behavior, hurting myself by punching things.

I don't believe men at all. When I talk to a new guy I'm sure he's lying. I question everything. Everytime I've been right. I'm getting to know a new guy and he seems to be a good one. But I question everything about him too. I've let him know about my insecurities and asked him not to lie to me but he never really promised he wouldn't. All he said was he didn't want to mess this up. I'm not happy with that because I always tell the truth even if it hurts. Lying only misleads people.

This is unhealthy. I've thought about seeing someone for help but I wonder if I can fix this myself.

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah you should go see someone about it. Your... fanatical obsession with the truth is actually a indication of a bigger problem.

• I have a need to know what's really going on. When people lie, the other person thinks everything is good and ends up embarrassed when they have to find out the truth through someone else or some other hurtful way. It's embarrassing.

I feel embarrssed everytime I find out I was just another chick or he never cared because it makes me look dumb. I should have known before hand but I let my emotions get the best of me. I get angry because people expect to be treated with respect and kindness but don't get the same in return. And I get angry because I would never do that to someone yet they still did it to me.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• I've encountered the same problem with both genders. Humans in general are just two faced: they lie for whatever reason they can tell themselves to help them sleep after. White lie, black lie, gray lie—all still lies.

• i hope i meet you in person. because goodluck catching me in a lie. im just too honest sometimes i might say stuff that iv done out of the blue and people won't believe me lol even tho its truth.

• See a therapist. Everyone lies, it's how society works

• So you're a man-hater? Good to know.

• I don't hate men. I just don't trust them

• You don't even know if they're lying.. If anything, I find women to be much bigger liars in general.

• I know I don't. But usually when I believe they are they are lying about something

• It's a trust issue, pretty hard not to tell a little lie once in awhile, probably how most people get dates in the beginning, I hardly lie, probably why I'm still single 😊

What Girls Said 2

• You think YOU need help because you like speaking the truth? Precious, liars are the ones that need help!

• Take it one step at a time