Why does a guy want to go for drinks after dumping me last week?

I broke up with a guy last week, he dumped me because he was unsure with me and didn't think it was right for me to hang around whilst he was unsure about how to move forward. We met online, went on 3 dates, then dumped me a week after our last date because he was unsure- but insisted that he wants to be friends. I was hesitant on it because I don't go backwards on relationships, plus we never started out as friends in the first place.

We didn't talk since we ended, then he texts me to see how I was doing, how was my week and then asked if I wanted to go for drinks on a Saturday night. I told him I was going out, even though I was just at home working - but I thought why should I drop my things, just to see him - even though I could have met up, I thought it wasn't right to be just called out on the same night.

Is he trying to be purely friends? Or trying to win me back? Because if I was a guy that dumped a girl 6 days ago, the last thing I want to do is hang out with her on a Saturday evening for drinks. Is he just keeping me around and waiting for something better? He did dump me after all, so don't know what he is playing.

Also, to add - we never had sex or kissed. He wouldn't make a move because he was unsure.

11

What Guys Said 1

• If he didn't make a move... i goes he really was trying to purely be friends and this is kinda a way of expressing it. He wants to hang out. Get out of your comfort zone and just do it. Where is the harm?
    you get another friend... those are more valuable than dates.

What Girls Said 1

• Keep doing what you're doing. By the sounds of it you're not falling for him or even seem to be emotionally attactched which is good because it's been 3 dates etc.. you're worth more than being messed around by someone you hardly know. Focus on yourself :)