Is it true you have to be rude to your girlfriend once in a while to KEEP her on her toes?

I don't but I've noticed a trend in almost every guy that had a girlfriend that I know. And also through watching interactions.
The common thing is that all these guys tend to either:

- Joke about the girls appearance or clothing until she gets annoyed
- Talk about the hot chick intentionally
-tease her a little to much.

These are just examples. But I'm wondering why they do this... These are some of the coolest bros. Is it a strategy or something? I've seen this countless times but nowhere near as much the other way around.

53

Most Helpful Girl

• While I don't expect my partner to be docile or amenable with everything I say or do rudeness isn't ok. He can tease, disagree, tell me to wake up to myself when I'm being unreasonable but all of your examples would not acceptable to me.
    I want a partner not a doormat if that's what you're referring to but I don't see that as "being mean keeps them keen" I see it as being honest and true with each other

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a strategy homes... and you worded your question wrong... you dont be RUDE to your girlfriend.. you just tease em. Women dont know what they want... thats a well known fact to every man that has a sense of how they are. They claim to (claim to know a lotta shit)... but we know better.
    So its best to keep em in the air, one second you are nice, the next, you are mean.
    I mean, how many times do you hear women say they want a "nice" guy, but then fall for the jerk (i mean.. jock)...
    They want it all because they can't pick, so if you can do the two at the same time... you are gold.
    Thing is to just be mean... but not rude... two different things... they are human beings too (barely lol) but still...

What Girls Said 4

• Sounds like an arsehole and i wouldn't be with a guy like that.

• that sounds like the typical attitude of an assh*le
    be expected to get punched in the face if you adopt that attitude

• No, if my boyfriend was rude to me I wouldn't be very happy.

• You wouldn't be very happy either if he was constantly nice either. He has a valid question... just didn't word it right.

• I would though? My boyfriend is always good to me and that's why I stay with him. If he started being a d*ckhead for no reason then I wouldn't stick around for long.

• Lol! Please don't do this to your girlfriend. Girls will appreciate it a lot more if you treat them with respect.

What Guys Said 2

• I think its to get a rise outta the girl, were boys! We like to see our sweeties get hot and bothered.

• Expect all of the pinks to deny this outright, but the fact is, they probably aren't even aware of it. Especially if the guy is discrete.

Most women cannot be honest with themselves or you when it comes to subjects like this.

Try it for yourself and see.