Is it normal to feel pain when you stop dating someone after 8 weeks because of his ex coming back into the picture?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaching lens, it ABSOLUTELY is normal, for a few reasons:

1) No one likes rejection and dating someone only to have it end by them is rejection.
    2) The 'what if' factor. It is painful to be with someone, have it seemingly go fine, only to have it end and be left wondering what could have been if you stayed together.
    3) Jealousy, while unhealthy, is normal in this circumstance.

• you ABSOLUTELY miss the point, yes she would feel all of the following but the question is why she would feel that after 8 WEEKS

• She told him what he has wanted to hear for years and that got him very confused. He took a week time by telling me he needed to sort some things out before we would meet again. I kindly asked what it is about and he was honest. I just said I thank him for the honest and now it is one week we do not talk at all. I feel awful and guilty about feeling that way because 8 weeks is not a long time.

• @120120 1 week, 8 weeks, 8 months--my points (the why) don't change.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how emotionally strong you are and how strong your feelings are for him.. I move on fairly quickly after a break up and some people think that's weird lol

What Guys Said 2

• Meh... it fucking happens... thing is... how did it happen... who was the moron.
    did you stop dating him because he was getting friendly with his ex..
    making you the moron...
    or did he decide to try again with his ex, and left you
    making him the moron.

• Him. He broke up with her over 6 months ago. Things were great, he proved it was not just sex. He could see himself committing to me. Then she came back telling him what he had hoped to hear for a longtime. He tried to take time but told me the truth after 1 week and said that it screwed with his head. I really really saw potential and though it's a week of no contact I am feeling so bad. I realised I feel more than I should and due the short time we dated I do not feel entitled to feel heartache.

• I did. I just thanked him for being honest and went into no contact. I feel awful but I believe it was the right thing to do. He has leftover business and I can't date somebody who has leftover business because it is not emotionally healthy for me. I know how it feel when you have leftover business because before meeting him I ended up in the same situation. I needed to go back into it to understand why things did not work out. Maybe they can mend the relationship, maybe they cannot but if he feels he needs to go back to go forward then I have to let him do that.

• lets call it "leftover business" lol...
      im glad you walked away hon, its never easy, but you gotta do it sometimes. Protect yourself first at all times.

• If you liked him: yes, it is.

What Girls Said 1

• Of course. 2 Months is a solid time to start to investing in someone and getting feelings.