Do you consider asking someone to have coffee together a date?

• Yes
    71%(46)70%(100)Vote70%(54)
  • No
    29%(19)30%(42)Vote30%(23)

Most Helpful Guy

• The event itself is not an indication of a date but rather the context he/she places on the meet

We could literally be on the grass sipping on a cold coffee and that could be considered date like... or we could be at a 5 star michelin restaurant with a fireplace with Gorden Ramsey in back yelling "risotto risotto" and it could be very friend like

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 23

• It's an icebreaker, it's not quite a date, but certainly not 100% platonic either.

• Depends on the person and what the background of how the topic came up was. If it's someone that I flirt with in a sense or that she shows an attraction that is more than a friendship, than I would consider it a type of date or get together. But if she is just a friend who wants to go out and spend some time together and talk about stuff, then that's what I would consider it until I get more clues as to it changing into something more.

• It depends.

As friends it wouldn't be considered a date.
    But in dating it could be considered a date if you want it to.

• It depends on the background with the person. If it was always a flirty situation, then yes, but if it always was a friendship relationship, then I wouldn't think so.

• Did he specifically ask or say like we should go on a date? How aboit we grab some coffee some tome?

Or just say would you like to get some coffee?

• No I asked. I just wanted to know him better on friendly terms. He turned me down, which was fine with me. But later someone said it was because I asked him on a date, which wasn't my intention

• So you kinda randomly met this dude and tallied to him for a bit and then said that? I could see this either way as a date or not. Kinda a grey area. Cuz on one side I feel you are attracted to him because you did want to get to know him better but on the other hand it could be just viewed as two friends getting coffee.

• He was a classmate. I hadn't really made any friends, and it looked like neither had he. So I figured why not make friends with him.

• Depends on how you feel about that person

• it can be. or a predate date. a little meeting to see if you even want to go on a date with the person. or it's a date.

• You can't assume anything is a date, unless told otherwise.

• Depends where the coffee date is taking place. If it's Starbuck's it's definitely a date, if it's Tim Hortons then well your discussing how shitty you co-workers, boss, work, life or whatever is.

• It usually is

• Anything can be a date. Depends on the intention of it.

• not unless otherwise stated bc that's also something friends do

• Of course, I'd love that. It's much better than being alone

• Yes, in my opinion this is the best and most elegant way to ask an introvert out.

• I think it could be either one it depends though

• no thats a friendzone get together in my opinion

• Yes. I believe it is a simple first date. No pressure. Just talking.

• it depends if you make it a date.

• No because that's too expensive here.

• no dinner! with vine

• Consider? Yes. But I never actually do it cause I'm too shy :(

• i would think so. anything that involves someones "free" time, is considered a date, in my opinion

• Depends on the context.

What Girls Said 10

• I actually Depends on the Situation at Hand Here, dear.
    I have had many a Date and a Mate, and some, hun, Begin with Joe and may Lead to Dinner for Two.
    But with just a Friend, who may Ask you to Partake in a Cup, nothing is Up.
    Good Luck. xx

• It depends, if I was asked to go for coffee I wouldn't automatically assume it's a date. Unless he asked if I'd like to go on a date then mentioned meeting up for a coffee

• If they specify it's a date then it's a date. Anything can be a date with the right person.

• I haven't considered it because I don't know anyone like that but if I did I would ask them out for tea, I hate coffee

• Is your profile picture something spooky?

• I wouldn't always consider it a date.

• No I probably wouldn't

• for a first date, it's perfectly normal and acceptable

• I think i consider as date cause i love coffee and that would be nice as a first date or something

• definitely depends. if my friend who has a boyfriend asks me to coffee, i totally know its just a friends thing and we do it all the time. someone i just met asks me to coffee? i'm going to think it's probably a date.