Any examples of how intelligence turns you on?

Sure, it's logical to seek out intelligent partners. But can you really say smart men are sexier? If so, is it more about how smart ones will govern their relationships better? Or is there just something about eggheads that turns you on?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• If a guy is knowledgeable about sex... I honestly think that's sexy. What I mean by that is... if he knows what makes a woman go crazy in the bedroom, and all those places to put his hands, a guy who can kiss me and teach me new things... sexually... YES. If he's interested in philosophy, psychology, engineering... anything like that too... sign me up!! I like Dominant men, naturally. So... if a guy is intelligent... or smarter than me... I trust him. Smart guys are hot because I can learn from them. I rarely get bored, I'm a creative person who loves to be inspired by men and women alike. I don't want some guy whose a total loser who sits around smoking weed. Intelligence has turned me on... ever since I started dating guys. My first boyfriend... was definitely a hot nerd. ;*

What Girls Said 21

• Memorization or having a big mouth doesn't equate to cognitive intelligence. In my opinion, intelligence and being smart are different. Being smart is where the person just knows facts, which is obviously impressive, but not everything in life goes off smart decisions. Smart doesn't always get things done.

I believe an intelligent person is always willing to learn all sides before coming to a conclusion and is never ignorant nor arrogant towards their opinions. An intelligent person believes and acknowledges that there are different solutions to everything and everyone sees things differently. An intelligent person also is willing to learn, like, always. And never shuts a person down because they don't agree. They are always willing to take in others thoughts. They are openminded, which is always good in a relationship. So yeah. That's hot.

• At the end of the day, I think it boils down to looking for intelligence that blends well with our own label of what's important.

I value my boyfriend's emotional intelligent, his ease in leadership, deductive reasoning, quick on his feet, broad perspective, keen sense for detail and observation... all of which work well in real life application.

We enjoy the same activities and communicate well. We understand each other in general and when we don't we always manage to get on the same page.

I'm sure it's different for everyone, we all value someone who seems to understand our same priorities in general and consider someone having that understanding to be especially intelligent. We all just want someone who we feel like 'gets it' with us.

• I need to be able to have an intelligent/intellectual conversation with the guy but also be able to have fun and let go. That's what is important to me.

• I can honestly say that if I'm in class or at work or in really any environment and I see a man who is well spoken and can participate in an intellectual debate and hold him own, I will find him very sexy. There definitely is a change in my perception of a man once I see he is well educated. On various occasions, I've seen somebody and not been attracted to them but once I've heard them speak on different topics, they have sparked my interest.
    I think it has to do with the fact that they can participate in a lot of different conversations and can bounce around different ideas with you and can expand your knowledge on things. As a couple, you can teach each other different things. Whereas somebody who isn't very intelligent doesn't really have much to offer.

• To be honest I don't think I'm particularly turned on by intelligence but rather turned off by stupidity. Basically, if you don't have a certain level of simple logic, then you'll probably piss me off.

• It makes them interesting. I know that we'll have good conversation.

• If my guy was assertive, well spoken and well respected in his job I'd be turned on by that - I'd be proud of him and I'd be more attracted to his persona.

• I think women are more attracted to intelligence in men because when they are intelligent, they can be a lot more open minded and understand because they've either been brought up with a better understanding or learned how to understand others better.

• If someone can talk institutionalized racism and how it affects and has affected the black community they're a million times more interesting to me as a person. If you can talk to me about contemplating existence and crazy possibilities of this universe you are so much more interesting.

• If he can name all the Pokémon and be fluent in Klingon 💦💦💦 ugh

• Good conversation can kick any boredom to a curb. If he can figure out how to do things and be really good at it, that shows intelligence and determination which = hotness and respect. It can also be an indicator that maybe they can figure out how to keep a relationship and sex life going. Some people are natural at it but nobody is natural at everything.

• It depends on personal IQ. What I find intelligent, someone else may not.
    For me it is about communicating. We need to communicate to have a real relationship. His intelligence matches mine well therefore we can communicate. That may sound boring, but we have very lively conversations and have not run out of things to say in almost 30 years.

• It's more that dumb guys are annoying af

• It just is. Intelligence is a kind of power, a way to stand out. Obviously it's not always sexy and intelligence alone won't make you Brad Pitt but when combined with other factors it often makes someone a lot more desirable.

• I realized you asked for an example so here it goes: I met a guy in university who was immediately into me and honestly, at first I thought he was kinda cute but there wasn't much attraction. The day he really managed to catch my attention was in a bridge building challenge in uni, in which his bridge absolutely smashed the previous record that had stood for years. That was honestly so sexy. We actually ended up dating for a while.

• Being able to sit down and reasonably discuss idealogies, books, history, philosophy, is important to me. I'm an analytical person who is pretty smart. I look for the deeper meaning in things and I like a guy who can keep up

• yes, for me how attractive he is, but if he's dumb or show his stupidity when he talk with confidence, it's really a turn off thingy

• I like a reasonably smart man. I like discussions, so he should bring something to the table or at least be willing to listen.

• Intelligent people, at least some of them, are curious by nature. They like to learn and enjoy sharing knowledge. They have interests and they can carry a conversation. That to me is very appealing.

• It is a big turn on.

• Intelligence is very attractive. Having your own opinion and being able discuss and debate ideas is a great way to bond. Being able to share thoughts is a very crucial and valuable asset to a relationship.

• I guess it depends on your definition of smart. A lot of men are book smart but they're very difficult to talk to or relate to, they just regurgitate what they've read in a book or what they've learned from someone else. I like men who can think for themselves and outside of what they've been taught/told to think by others.