Is tinder a good place to find a relationship?

So I'm at university and want a relationship, but I have no friends there what so ever so it is hard to meet people. Talking to girls on my course isn't really an option either because there are like 3 in total. Would tinder be a good place to find a relationship and if not what else is there?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• It is not a relationship place unless in your bio you say that you're looking for something serious. Also, be ready to deal with unresponsive attention seekers, and try to like only the girls with some standards, rather than swiping everyone to the right. It is not a place to look for relationship but it is a start to meet people. For example, for me, I swipe people with:
    -Multiple sentences in their bio about themselves. Logical sentences if possible please
    -If Spotify is connected, music taste
    -Check if there is a shirtless photo or dick photo (instant left)
    -Check if the person is holding a gun or posing with gun (instant left)
    -Check the college if it is listed or the job (well for me low level education is deal-breaker)
    -PLUS: if there is an active life style photo like snowboarding, hiking, canoeing etc.
    -PLUS: If the person has a normal photo with friends, and family.
    -If the person has photos just with groups of people (instant left as well which one are you Fuck's sake?)

So yeah, put some standards when you're swiping right, try to check those who mention they're looking for something serious, or possibly a friendship then see where it goes. Then be ready to make the first move, and try to maintain texting before meeting in person. But do not text too long before asking someone out as it gets you run out of topics to talk about when you meet in person. And endless texting is boring. And try to get your dates at nice friendly safe and relaxed places such as coffee shops, or small cafes etc. And if you get to the dating part, smile, listen, ask questions, answer nicely if asked back, dont mention negative things such as ex girlfriends etc. and leave them by saying you would want to see them again if you really want to.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no idea , dating is a numbers game and perhaps tinder can help there as it has a lot of members. but I'm personally a firm believer in real life encounters and that meeting and talking to someone in real life is much more likely to lead somewhere than an attempt through an app or online

What Girls Said 3

• lol no, its mostly just known as a place for hookups

• well my friend met her boyfriend from tinder and they've been dating for almost 2 years now so anything is possible

• I wouldn't say tinder is the place to search for a relationship but it's a starting point i guess

What Guys Said 2

• I'd definitely temper my expectations. There are a bunch of other dating apps you can use (like Bumble or something)

• I've never used it (maybe I should having no luck with ok Cupid or bumble). But I did have a high school friend meet his wife he recently married on tinder.