How do I get my mom to see this guy I like isn't a bad guy just cuz he smokes and likes to smoke weed?

I really like him and she has an issue with guys who smoke weed cuz my sister got caught smoking it from a guy she hung out with. So she had been in a pissy mood bout it ever since. The guy is really sweet and he makes me smile especially since I went through I really bad breakup. I know if I tell hr he smokes weed she'll freak but I feel she shouldn't have a say when it comes to him smoking cuz I don't have an issue with that and she used to date guys who smoked too. I just want her to give him a chance and let me got on a date with him.. she wants to meet him since she doesn't know him before the date how should I handle it I really like him by the way I'm 18 and still in high school she still believes she has say in who I see cuz I live in her house. I'm being respectful I just want her to not judge him and give him a chance he has made me start to smile more here lately.

Most Helpful Guy

• How difficult would it be to keep it quiet that he smokes weed? Mom's have a strange 6th sense about their children's partners though so yours will probably make her mind up just by the way he talks to her.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't make her change her mind about it. If she has a negative opinion about weed in general, it's kind of difficult to shatter that image.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0