My crush is 5years older then me is that a problem?

I'm 16 and my crush is 21 and I love him and he loves me but that's 5years different I will be 17 but then he will be 22 but is that problem we want to be together but we know we could maybe get in trouble for it my parents know about him but all they know is that we are friends not wanting to be together

27

Most Helpful Guy

• From a relationship coaching lens, let me just caution you to balance your heart and your head. It's easy to say that you love him and he loves you--I will not question the validity of this. But, ask yourself why your parents may be concerned, why there are laws about this. Statistically speaking, there is very litttle success when under 18 girls dates men in their twenties.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• personally I don't think it's a good idea... I remember a lot of my ex's from when I was your age would fall for the manipulative charms of men between the ages 20-30yrs old... every single one ended badly... the guy used the girl for sex and tossed her aside

• it's not a problem.

• Wait until you're legal.

• yes jail bait

• 5 year difference is a lot, you can't do it.
    when you will turn 18 he will be 23 and probably get busy in college and when you will enter college he will be in his job and believe me it will create distance between you.

atlast, it's upon you

• He doesn't want to go to college tho

• it also depends on level of understanding.
      life is always better if you have someone with same age group.
      age difference of 1-2 year is good but age difference more than 4 years is not cool.

moreover you are 16 and he is 21, it means you are not even sexually developed but he is.

maybe he wants to get involved with some other girl of his age group in future.

believe me you are attracted to him.
      and believe me you will fall in love again, you are too young to think about future.

• I don't see a problem with this. If you both click then that's great! It's not a massive gap.

What Girls Said 1

• Thats, appropriate. You are in the same age group.