Am I being friendzoned?

I have an old high school friend that lives in Hawaii (I live in Canada and fly for work) and he and I reunited a year ago. We used to like each other when we were in high school but nothing ever happened so whenever I see him, I feel like the high school me comes out. We did hook up when we first reunited and once more after that. I was with him a couple days ago and I think he friendzoned me. We never talked about whether we had feelings for each other but I guess that's his way of telling me. We've become close friends in my opinion. We've both shared some personal things. While he was driving me back to my hotel he told me he doesn't really have lady friends which made me wonder where I stood? I'm different cuz we've already crossed the line and we're not dating. He said would still introduced me as his friend and that we're platonic. Friendzoned? Probably. While we're driving we're talking about tinder and whatnot. He told me to delete the app which I did cuz I don't really pay attention to it anymore. I told him about his friend suggesting that I try a one night stand which he told me not to do. He then asked me about my type of men. Afterwards he started showing me songs that he thought was my type. It was the type of songs that got me in the mood and he knew it was working. I was putting on lotion on my hands and he asked for some. I ended up giving him a bit of hand massage because he just left his hand out after I rubbed the lotion in. I wasn't sure if he wanted me to hold his hand or what? I was so bothered and I bet he enjoyed it. He even rubbed any excess lotion on my leg as a joke. No we didn't hook up afterwards but now I'm confused. I don't know if he's friendzoning me cuz we never talked about feelings or, it is what it is. Maybe it's the distance? I remember when he came to Canada we met up and he was super drunk. I told him that our friends think that we would have dated if he still lived in Canada, he agreed. He was drunk though. What do I do?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Well.. he might hav friendzoned u.. but u know.. for a guy.. it easy to lose control.. it all depends on how the girl plays.. wanna know more about it? 😊 haha.. message in direct.. lolz

Most Helpful Girl

• You said that whenever you're together the high school in you comes out again. Maybe it did for him and he's trying to reset your relationship to something more grown up. I am confused if he actually said he'll introduce you as a "platonic friend" but it does seem more flirty than that. I'm sure he also had in his head that you two live thousands of miles apart and showing you more of a romantic side wouldn't be fair. If you're interested in hooking up then tell him you don't care about the geography when your apart, you want to make the most of the time when you're together.

• He said who would still introduce me as a friend. And you're right about it not being fair if he's being romantic around me. I think I should just take it for what it is. I'm friendzoned. I don't think I can hook up with him anymore though. I should probably talk to him the next time it happens...

• Oh sorry, I thought you were asking
      "He said who would still introduce me as a friend. "

• You should talk to him for clarity but would you like to be able to hook up "as friends" ?

What Guys Said 2

• If he said that your relationship with him is platonic then he is straight up saying he wants you as a friend. It's possible he could want a friends with benefits though.

• I thought so. I don't think I can hook up with him anymore though..

• I can't even get friendzoned

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!