Im 16 and I find it hard to be in a relatioship. Any advice?

I really love my boyfriend and I know he really loves me.. were both 16 and we started dating just over two months ago ( we were best friends for years beforehand ) . Sometimes I feel like I'm not able to be in a relationship even tho there is nothing bad happening and everything is perfectly fine. I feel a certain pressure I can't describe It and it's nothing to do with my boyfriend because he doesn't pressure me or ask me to do anything ever I can't explain the pressure I feel from being in a relationship.. I'm not really sure what to do? I do really love him and he loves me

416

Most Helpful Guy

• You are 16... the pressure you feel is... OMG I have my entire life ahead of me is this it? Please don't be one of these people who date the same guy from HS their entire lives and gives up on their dreams to work at the mini mart for 30 years then get divorced at the age 55 and go OMG what happened... spent all these years and now I am going to die alone. This was for dramatic effect but I have seen this happen way too much because many of these people are my clients. So my advice is do as much as you can in this world... you are way too young to be talking about a relationship. In my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• What makes you feel pressured, do you feel like there's certain thing you should be doing for him or anything that other couples do that you guys dont? Because every couple is so different and if everything is good between you two then consider yourself lucky !

What Guys Said 15

• The pressure is because you feel like doing something. If you love each other, you don't need to. It's probably to do with you having seen what people in relationships do, or that you have expectations from a relationship.. Remember, every relationship is different, don't compare it to others. try to relax and take the things as they come.. there's no need to rush. :)

• your 16... you don't really understand love yet. Your not hard core in love after 2 months. let me guess... it was like 2 weeks and you thought you were in love. Not to say you can't be, I just saying it takes time. I met my ex wife when she was 17 and a senior in high school. we were together 25 years. it can happen. relationships are hard no matter how old you are.

• Dont over think... its in ur head.. nothing bad is gonna happen unless u mess it up.. so chill Njoy being in this relationship

• I believe this pressure is almost the same as peer pressure. I'm around your age and I have felt the same pressure. When you're in a relationship at this age it's hard because all your single friends are doing things you can't do. Or maybe you're forgetting how it is to be single. But trust me, if you feel the need to take a break from your boyfriend and enjoy life a little more you should do it. Not saying break up, but just take a break. The reason why I say take a little break is because a good relationship is hard to come across at this point, and a little pressure shouldn't be enough to sacrifice something like that.

• You doubt yourself thats natural its okay keep dating him and its good that he's a best friend means you know more about each other. The pressure maybe about being a girl friend different from his best friend but its easily possible to be both. Just relax, tone down the afterburners, take your time, you are over worryed.

• Yeah, don't bother with relationships if you don't want to be in one, simple. You don't need them to be with someone or even to live, I've been single for 44+ years and still not dead from it yet.

• Oke

look girl i think u shoud be just go ask him to date with u
    look u guys where best friends right go to places where you guys can have fun
    all the things will happen on its on
    there no need to be fast
    just have fun when the time comes I don't know ;-; xD

tips
    just be like your his friend.
    there is no need to be shy

• Your life must be very hard.

• Wait till your an adult

• Its hard to do anything at our age these days

• u r tooo...

• Maybe you should focus on your education a little more.

• I don't see why you girls go after such good looking guys when you aren't all that pretty yourself. Why don't you date someone that is more at your level in terms of looks?

• yeah just relax.

• you are jus bored of him!

What Girls Said 3

• U should probably talk to him about. Just because u love each other doesn't mean the relationship is healthy.

• maybe you're not super cut out for a relationship. Try spending more time with him, and just be yourself. Act like you're friends, share your thoughts and feelings with him but enjoying the priviledge of being close.

• Maybe because y'all 16 😂😂😂😂