Most Helpful Guy
1. Self-confidence. We may decide that you're "out of our league", rather than letting you decide that for yourself.
2. Self-worth. We may put you on such a high pedestal that we don't feel worthy of you.
3. Fear of rejection. We may never tell you about our feelings: you cannot tell us "no", so there is still hope.
4. "The friendship". We may not want you to cut off our friendship if we confess that it has been a false pretense.
5. "It's complicated". We may develop the crush while you are "off limits" - married, have boyfriend, etc. The taboo makes you even more desirable.
There was a girl I knew.. er, crushed on for years.. in college. I knew her and her circle well enough to know that there were two others who felt the same way. One night, leaving her house, staring up at her bedroom window, I noticed one of the other two, arriving, starting up at her bedroom window.
Our eyes met. We both knew exactly how the other felt. The exchange was as simple and laconic as it gets:
Nods exchanged, both stare longingly at the window for another moment, before one trudges away and the other trudges towards her door.1THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
Most Helpful Girl
Yes. I met this guy two years ago and he JUST asked me out on a date and told me how he always had a crush on me. I had a feeling he liked me based on how he'd look at me & go out of his way to talk to me but because he never made a move I thought he didn't like me in that way.3THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
- Show AllShow Less