What should be the appropriate age to date some one?

Hey everyone I had a question what do y'all think about dating and the age differences? Is dating some one 3 years older then me bad just curious cause we keep getting so much dirt thrown on our relationship

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Age does not determine one's wisdom. If there should be consent between you two and you are both happy then it doesn't matter what people say. You do not need social validation from anyone it's your personal relationship. Dont let anyone else define it for you.

Most Helpful Guy

• The following equation is usually used to calculate the acceptable age range, where X is your age and Y is their age: Y > (X รท 2) + 7, Y < 2X -14

In plain English, they should be no younger than half your age plus 7, and no older than twice your age minus fourteen.

This is just a guideline, so you can ignore it if you want, but if you want an age gap of 3 years you should both be older than 18, which you are, so it should be fine.

• The equation threw me off lol but thank you

• I just included it because I wasn't sure of the second one and it was easier for me to find it algebraicly, and I thought I might as well include it in equation form. In case you're wondering, the "acceptable" age range for you at 20 is 17 - 26.

What Girls Said 2

• 3 years isn't bad. I usually go for my age only but I currently like someone older than me

• age is just a number

• To an extent. An adult with a 10 year old is not okay, no matter the circumstances.

What Guys Said 2

• I think any age gap that is legal should be acceptable so long as both people are happy. Good on you for dating an older girl though, as they usually expect a higher level of maturity and take much more convincing to get over the age gap.

• at least 25