Weird break up with a hook up? What is this?

My hook up and I have been "seeing" each other the past month and a half. The past couple of weeks wasn't fun for me, because I actually like him. Which I hate myself for. So we sat down and had "the talk". He doesn't want anything serious at the moment. And I want something serious. So we decided to "break up". Then he told me that I had to tell him how we are going to be in the future. He expected we still would be friends. I was a bit confused because I have been brutal honest about we wouldn't be friends after this. When I told him that and the fact that I tend to completely ignore guys after break ups. He said okay. But he became really quiet and something in his face and eyes changed. Like he became sad or like he realized how serious it was. When we left the place where we had the talk, I walk down a corridor to my friend's apartment. He stood by the end of the corridor and looked at me. He didn't leave until I walked into my friend's room and closed the door behind me.

I don't get it. His actions scream loudly he's into me. But he doesn't want anything serious. He became weird when I (yet again) told him we wouldn't be friends and I would most likely ignore him in the future. And then the dramatic Disney movie ending in the corridor? What is this? What does he want?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I am assuming he probably feels the same way about you but is too immature for a serious relationship.. He basically wants his cake the way it is because an actual relationship can be messy and complicated and he isn't probably YET A MAN yet to handle such a thing. So now he wants to stomp around like a child, make scenes, because you changed the rules and thinks maybe if he does this you will go back to the way it was. Good for you for knowing what you want. He has a lot of growing up to do yet and that is certainly not your problem.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should move on. He is not interested in you, he only wants to keep having sex with you.

What Guys Said 3

• It sounds to me, from a relationship coaching lens, that he was truly surprised that a) you ended the hook-up relationship and b) didn't want to remain friends. It matters not to him that you had already told him this. What matters (to him) is that he had a good thing and you ended it.
    I applaud your honesty and frankness from start to finish. His loss (of you as a friend) and not something that you should linger on.

• Thank you. I think honesty is best. Even if it hurts. In the long run it's less painful than being lied to.
      I just don't get the standing and watching me walking away thing. What is that about? I think it's really weird.

• It's him trying to seduce your mind and hope you'll continue the hook-up relationship.

• He wants to keep fucking you. Also he wanted to stay friends because then there might be a time when you get weak and end up fucking him. He is upset he is losing a good piece of ass.

• He wanted to keep things casual and you told him you were going to ignore him because you wanted something serious. And you're wondering why he's sad lmao.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!