Would it be a deal breaker if someone you would potentially date was Asexual?

I'm asexual and would like to know if that effects me dating. I want to know if it puts people off or if it doesn't matter.

Most Helpful Girl

• It wouldn't bother me but , I think it would depend on the person. Because a relationship doesn't have to involve sex. It might be an idea to mention it to the person before you start dating that way they know

What Girls Said 12

• yes. dealbreaker.

• It would for me. I like to have sex in my relationships so I just wouldn't be compatible with an asexual person.

• It wouldn't put me off - I would prefer an aesexual guy

• It would be a deal breaker for me. I want sex in my relationship and I know there are asexual people who do consent to sex with their partner, but I don't want sex with someone who isn't 100% willing and enjoying it.

• Asexual people have no sexual attraction to people, they're very averse to touch etc. So yeah it would be a deal breaker for me since I want a sexual relationship with my crush/husband someday

• Not for me personally. I'm not big on sex in relationships which has always been a problem with guys that I've had something with. I wouldn't say I'm asexual myself, but sex is something I could do without in a relationship... for the most part. cx

• No I would give it a try.

• I personally could never date someone who is asexual. That would force me to put my needs on the back burner and thats not what I'm willing to do in life. You only live once.

• Yeah. I want a healthy sexual relationship with my husband.

• deal breaker i like sex way too much to deal with that. but there are girls that don't mind

• Nope, but I would actually question it.

• Yes, if I was attracted to you and you didn't want to have sex with me then I can't go further. You could make a poll on this too.

• @niknac09 Lolz. He sounds like he doesn't know how to compliment but at least he likes you. That doesn't sound slutty. You could say "Too much?" or ask him for his pics.

• @niknac09 he's just having fun with you.

What Guys Said 13

• From a relationship coaching lens, this will be a deal breaker for anyone with whom sex is a need. Needs being nonnegotiable whereas wants are negotiable.

• Asexual.. so fancy!

• No, because asexual basically doesn't exist. It just seems to be trending now much like pansexual has come and gone.

I'd just wait until they are over 18yrs old and grow up so they can quit being a trendster.

• Not at all. I don't care for sex so I would actually prefer an asexual partner

• Complete deal breaker. I need sex in my romantic relationships.

• girls would like a asexual guy
    guys won't like a asexual girl

• How do you date if you have no sexual feelings or desire? You're not "asexual" 😒

• I want sex.

Assexuals don't want sex.

It won't be a good deal broker.

I think It would feel like I'm getting laid off.

• Yeah because they would have no sex drive or sexual attraction whatsoever

• what how can you date if your asexual

• I still like the romantic experience. I enjoy hugging, kissing and such but just not sex. I don't find people 'sexy' that's all.

• what's asexual never heard of human being asexual before?

• Of course that's a deal breaker. If they didn't want to have sex then that eliminates a huge part of the relationship that would bring us closer together.

• Aside from running a meth lab and torturing people to pay up, it would be my next highest dealbreaker.

Like i'd rather date a gambling drug addicted cheater.