How do I get my boyfriend to wash his hair?

My boyfriend is great and his hygiene is generally pretty good except for the fact that he doesn't wash his hair enough. He has naturally oily skin and very straight hair, so I get how it would get greasy fast, but he lets it go for at least a couple of days after it starts to get greasy before he washes it, and it looks completely wet at that point. He has really nice soft, thick, shiny hair when it is clean, but it looks thin, stringy, and gross when he lets it get dirty. I've tried complimenting him on it when he washes it, but that doesn't seem to motivate him to keep it that way. I would rather him just shave his head if he isn't going to wash his hair. Help!

44

Most Helpful Guy

• People are suggesting you keep your opinion a secret and to just wash his hair for him, but what you really should do is just tell him that you'd like for him to wash his hair more often, and why. He's not a dog that you should bathe and clean and buy shampoo for, otherwise if that were the solution, you wouldn't be asking this question. In the end, it'll still be his decision, but maybe you could tell him that not washing his hair creates more bacteria, or something. If he asks where you heard that from, tell him that you read it online somewhere.

• He has been breaking out on his forehead where his hair lies and I'm sure his dirty hair is the culprit, now that I think about it. I might suggest that to him, as he has been trying to clear his skin back up.

• I'm not sure how he would deal with that either. I used to have really long hair back in high-school that just looked gross if I didn't wash it often. These days I have it more medium-length, and it's also thick and straight, so I know what you're talking about by describing his as being "stringy and thin." For me, if I don't wash my hair, it also feels really dirty and I just hate that. I guess he just doesn't care, but just tell him that if he washes it more often it might help with the acne.

• His is about medium/longish right now too and so it really sticks out like a sore thumb. I will tell him that, thank you for the help!

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him ur gonna have shower sex and just slap some shampoo on his scalp.

What Guys Said 3

• You grab his ass and throw him in the shower! You have the right to do that! Next time you are taking a shower, invite him in with you!
    He doesn't wear one of those stupid beanie hats indoors all the time does he?

• He actually does sometimes, ugh, I hate it!

• bath with him and say lets get that greasy hair washed

• put ketchup on his hair

What Girls Said 3

• Have you asked why he doesn't shampoo? Or asked him TO shampoo?

• I haven't really brought it up because I don't want to embarrass him, but I'm probably going to have to anyway because it's starting to really bother me. If he washed it when it just started to get greasy I wouldn't have a problem, it is that he lets it go until it looks completely wet and that is way too much for me.

• Great good luck.

• Thank you!

• Give him a "spa night" and make a hair mask apart of it and then use that as an excuse to wash his hair

• Gift him shampoo or wash it for him