I Don't Feel Pretty Enough For This Guy I've Been Seeing?

I've been going on dates with this boy I like for the past three weeks, and it's been fantastic. He's a gentleman and he constantly compliments me and tells me how crazy he is for me and all the things he likes about me. I still can't believe he likes me, because I feel so ugly compared to him. When we go out on dates, I feel as if people are staring and judging because it's obvious he can date a better looking girl. We're not a couple yet, we're taking it slow, but it just makes me upset because we're not even dating and I already feel this way? He constantly tells me how awesome I am and that I'm pretty but I just can't believe it, and I still can't believe he likes me. I felt like he was joking with me when he admitted he had feelings for me, that maybe he was playing a cruel joke, but I guess he wasn't. I hate feeling so insecure and so depressed because of this. He's really a phenomenal guy. How can I fix this?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Stop caring. It really doesn't matter if YOU don't think you're pretty enough for him, because that's for him to decide, and clearly he thinks you're pretty, AND awesome enough for him to like you and to spend time with him.

Stop thinking about your looks and think about what he does for you, how he treats you. Appreciate that, and realize that you are enough for him.

Be careful with your insecurities because you may end up pushing a great guy away.

What Girls Said 1

• You are being silly. You are idealizing him in your head and that makes you feel even more insecure when you are around him. You need to relax, he is a person just like you. The guy seems to like you a lot, you shouldn't ruin things with your insecurity. If he didn't think you are attractive, he wouldn't be dating you.