Is it too much of an age gap?

I'm 18 turning 19 in a couple months. Is it too much of an age difference if I go out with this girl I met who's 16?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• When you count the difference between the ages it's not a lot but by law being a 19 year old is considered an adult & being 16 is considered a kid still. So technically you really can't date her by law but there's many people dating somebody with a big age difference.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's a big age gap, but you're in a weird age range, because depending on the state, she may not be over the age of consent.

What Girls Said 1

• Depends where you live, if she's legal (which she would be where I live) I think it's fine

• I'm in Canada. But it's only two years if you think about it. I'm born in '98 and she's born in 2000

• The age difference is fine in my opinion, I've seen much worse age gaps. If she's not legal where you live you could still date her just not do anything sexual. Or if you do be sexual make sure she's not the type to run to the police if you ever break up. I'm sorry I don't know the legal age in Canada.

What Guys Said 1

• I once dated a girl who was 16 and I was 20, and for obvious reasons. She was physically peaking and she took my breathe away. Course she was super immature and love to start fights. Sex was good. That's about it.