How to get rid of this feeling?

There's a guy who chased after me for months! I didn't liked him that much back then we first met, but because he was very persistent I gave in in the end actually fell really hard for him. We saw each other few times on some social gatherings, but only a week ago he finally asked me on a date and I said yes. We were supposed to go this weekend but he got a really bad cold and told me that he will talk to me in few days when he gets better. He said he'll text me on Saturday Well he didn't text me on Saturday, so I decided to text him instead. I asked him if he's feeling better and he said that it has gotten even worse. We didn't text much after that, I just wished him to get better soon and he said he'll call me when he gets better. It's been 3 days now and still no word from him. I don't get it! He used to text me all-the-time! He was so happy that I accepted the invitation for the date, everything seemed fine. Now I'm so pissed at myself for having expectations. I know it's probably nothing and he's sick and all, but I just can't shake the feeling off. Whenever I show an interest back for a guy that's the moment when they back off. It's always like that! I actually thought this guy was for real, and now I think he just played me. Can a cold really be that bad that you can't even write a simple text message in 3 days? I wouldn't really care if we never texted much before, but for months now we've been texting almost every day. I feel so stupid.

12

What Guys Said 2

• looks like the table has turned, if he continues with this pattern of inconsistent messaging then he's playing you unfortunately. but give it a little bit. things work themselves out, just stay positive

• soon you both will be in good relationship

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt if I were you. He is sick, not paralyzed. He should have sent you a text.