My boyfriend is my best friend, is that bad?

I've been having trouble with friends and such, I've gotten tired of being treated like shit and finally let a lot of them go after years of being mistreated. But because of that I've lost best friends. Other good friends moved away. And now I just have acquaintances. However start of this school year a met a guy and instantly we became friends. Sure I thought he was cute but dating wasn't my first thought. We became friends quickly, he clicked. So much we had in common. We then started to fall for each other after first becoming friends. He and I have been dating for several months now and he's now not only the best and most committed boyfriend I've had but also my best friend. My mom thinks I've left all my friends for him but I haven't because I left them before I met him. But I'm so thankful I have him now because he's helped me so much and without him I don't know what i'd do. I love him deeply. But is it a good or bad thing for my boyfriend to be my best friend aswell?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a great thing! Any romantic relationship has to be based on friendship in order to last. The truth is couples whose marriages stand the test of time are each other's best friend. That's what a best friend is... the person you trust most and want to spend the most time with.
    People who say they still need guy/girl friends either haven't met the one yet or just aren't ready for a deep relationship.

• My wife is my best and only friend. Friendships are built on time spent together or at least talking to each other.
      I don't see how I could possibly maintsin a friendship with anyone else as any time spent with them would be time away from her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all! It's the best kind of relationships to have.

That's something I look for in a potential partner... a boyfriend who is also my best friend

. There's no better friendship than the one you have with a person you love and want to spend your life with 😊

What Guys Said 4

• It's great, but you have to remember that you're both young and guys are especially immature at your age. Do not be too surprised if he fucks up royally. At his age guys sex hormones are beyond your ability to understand. I mean that literally. He is at the complete mercy of his hormones, far more than you know or want to believe.

• Something I'm kinda worried about seeing as how he is going to college next year and I won't be joining him. I dont think he'd start a new relationship but if he gets horny enough and there are other girls near when I'm far away. It's a worry of mine

• Yeah, I've been told that and I try to understand.

• It doesn't mean you have to forgive, but at least you can understand, so you'll be hurt less.

• My wife is my best friend!

• It's not bad. It's the best way to go about relationships. :)

• boy friend are ur best friends

What Girls Said 1

• There's nothing wrong with him being your best friend. Just as long as he's not your only friend.