Courting for an introvert 101?

Very hard to talk to women for an introvert so ladies any helpful hints?

35

Most Helpful Girl

• Try my favorite trick, which is, go to a vending machine, buy two of something identical, then walk over to whomever you like, and introduce yourself and tell her that the vending machine accidentally gave you two bags of cookies or whatever, and since you're feeling lucky today, does she mind if you sit with her and share your extra bag with her... if it works great, if it doesn't, you've got two bags of cookies. Win win.

• Feels like you just want free cookies but I'll keep it under advisment

• I think you misinterpreted that. This is what I do when I want to chat up a guy, and I'm suggesting you try it on a girl. It helps you introduce yourself, allows you to sit and eat and talk for a while, and hopefully get the digits, or if she rejects you, you get to keep the two bags of cookies for yourself rather than just being rejected.

• No I got that part I was just joking with you :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I went through a period of introversion so deep that it became isolating: forget courting, I was having trouble speaking with anyone.

I brought myself back out of it by starting with the baristas at my coffee shop, with the goal "Remember each of their names."

This had the incidental effect of forcing me to speak with even the cutest of baristas, people whom I would normally feel very shy/intimidated of.

She's a professional with a script to steer you back to, so she'll pick up the slack any time you start losing the plot. (Pro-tip: let her lead the conversation.)

She's being paid to be polite to customers, so she won't reject you. (Pro-tip: don't waste her time if there's a long line at her till.)

She gets flirted with a lot, by braver men than you, so you're unlikely to make her uncomfortable. (Pro-tip: make eye contact. Reading her nametag is cheating, and any hung-head position looks like you're staring at her chest.)

She doesn't remember your name either; all those things that we introverts judge ourselves for are normal parts of the human experience. (Pro-tip: its easier to ask her name closer to meeting her than it is later).

She will let you know when its okay to go off script beyond the name, because she will ask you a question, something simple. (Pro-tip: follow up with something on the same level. If she asked you "How've you been?", its appropriate to come back with "Hey, did you have a good weekend?")

Its called "The art of conversation", and, just like any other skill, all it takes is practice, practice, practice.

What Girls Said 2

• Meet a girl whose also an introvert. Being an introvert doesn't make it hard to talk to people, you can still text and talk to them on social media.

• Thank you but tbh I hate social media I feel like it's taken a lot of the romance out of life

• Currently doing that lol but thanks for the advice you have been a great help :)

• You're welcome and good luck 😊

• I am an introvert, just go slow and try to do it online first with a few people to get the hang of talking flirting with the opposite sex, I did it with craigslist... but anyways then after just emailing, then try calling on the phone. If it's super comfortable and not weird on the phone then go on to meet in real life at a public restaurant. good luck

What Guys Said 4

• Forget about women, learn to talk to EVERYONE. The trick is to find a genuine excuse to do so. Once you get used to being able to talk to anyone, it will be easier to talk to women.

After all, women are no different to the average person overall. They are just normal human-beings.

• I Can talk to everyone I just find it harder to talk to women in a romantic or friendly way I guess but thank you for the advise

• To get involved with a woman, you’re giving up some control of yourself to her, which can make you feel vulnerable, but she's also giving some control of herself to you. It can be intimidating and scary, but you have to have courage and faith in yourself for it to work. If you have confidence in YOURSELF, it gives her confidence in YOU.

• Dress nice and approach women with "Hey sexy: my name is _____"

• also need this