People say to stop chasing?

Well as a guy I have always thought that we were supposed to chase women, thus getting into a relationship. That a guy should ask the girl out and so forth, but then recently I have been recently getting some contradicting information. In the last few months I have been told to stop chasing and chill out, the right one will come along and so forth. In addition, also hearing that if it is meant to be it is meant to be. To me this doesn't make sense, because I am thinking that the girl isn't going to just pop out of thin air and that she isn't going to just ask me out so forth. I am just trying to get more insight.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• It makes sense. You shouldn't keep chasing people who don't show interest in you. It never works especially if you keep pursuing it. If someone wants to be with you, they will meet you half-way.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have never chased women once I graduated. I outgrew that after high school and realizing that it's far less hassle to assume if the women don't do the approaching then they are not interested. Go figure, I'm not a 103yo virgin either (even long before feminism was popular, unless you want to count women's suffrage as feminism). But in short life is not a romance novel or movie. Contrary to the old saying there is NOT someone for everyone. Certainly not without sometimes settling and getting stuck with someone you are both better off without. There will be instances and decent odds that no one worth a crap ever comes along. A former friend/schoolmate of mine (died back in 2002 at 87) never married. As far as I know never had a girlfriend either. Not sure if he died a virgin, he never talked about it and I wasn't that nosey. I doubt he was the only one that was ever in that predicament. Thankfully these days no women worth a crap = no big deal there's 100 lifetimes worth of porn to jack off to at your fingertips.

What Girls Said 1

• It doesn't make sense to chase people. If someone wants to give you the time of day they will. You should not have to chase them in order for them to notice you or give you the time of day. If they don't show interest in you from the start it's best to just keep it moving. When I was younger I used to chase guys a lot but had to teach myself that if a guy wants to give me the time of day he will. If I have to chase him it isn't worth it. Trust me if someone wants to be with you they will find a way, if not they will find an excuse.

What Guys Said 1

• It's not exactly a strange thing for a girl to make the first move. The changing ting is so outdated