Guys, how would you feel if a girl said this to you?

Some background: I've been on 2 dates with this guy, and we slept together on the second. It was pretty soon I know, but there's nothing I can do about it now. I was more annoyed at myself at first, because I'm not after casual sex and I'm looking to date someone. Anyway, the guy became cold and distant in the morning afterwards... no spooning, no affection. Nevertheless, we've kept in touch. He didn't text me last weekend as he was away partying for a friend's birthday and I was seeing family.

In general, his conversation style has become less conversational than before we met but it's still relatively pleasant. The only thing I didn't like about his messages, were that he would say how much he liked sleeping with me. I didn't respond to the first time he did that and he apologised and when he did it again, I just said that I'm not one for this type of talk over text and would prefer to discuss it in person. Anyway, he asked me out for a drink tonight which I accepted, and I plan to say something like "I want to see if maybe we've got what it takes than just the physical stuff. I'd like to take some time to go out and do other stuff before we jump back in the bedroom..."

I don't want him to misunderstand me. I do quite like him, but I want to get to know him a bit more and backtrack a bit.

So guys, how would you feel if a girl said that to you? Do you think he will get freaked out or would you appreciate her honesty?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Wow, you get that really fast, but anyway, if i was him, and this happens to me, i would try to know more about you, later this, if our conversations get positively, i don't have a reason to not get more in, a real relationship, so, I don't know, i would appreciate? yes, i think that's it xd

• Well a healthy relationship requires honesty so this will be a test for him. I'd rather be open and honest in a relationship

What Girls Said 1

• They would probably think that she wants to back off or something. They would also think that she regretted sleeping with them which might make them think that she lost interest.